after compter froze, all my albums label fildname changed to organization

I had a problem with my computer & it froze on me while i was writing metadata to an album, I had to shut it down & turn off my external hard drive with my music on it.

where I had the album label meta data typed in the publisher fieldname, after turning my computer back on & looking at my albums, the publisher filed names do not show up & were replaced with organization

here is an example of what has happened,

before; in the field name; Label - Columbia Records has now been changed to Organization - Columbia Records. this is how I see them in windows xp when I hover my mouse over the albums in windows explorer.

the metadata is the same, but it has been changed to a new fieldname.

the odd thing is, when I load these albums into mp3 tag, the metadata is there, but it has been moved to the publisher fieldname.

I have over 300+ albums that this has done this too, it would be very tedious to go back & redo them all to the publisher fieldname.

is there any shorter way to fix this?

have the original flac song files been corrupted? is there anyway I can check for this?

Use the swap fields function that guess values has. For your purpose use:

Begin Action Group _Script Test#TEST

Action #1 Actiontype 7: Import tag fields (guess values) Source format __: %publisher%~%organization% Guessing pattern: %organization%~%publisher%

End Action Group _Script Test#TEST (1 Action)

thanks for this, but I am not familiar with making action groups could someone give me step by step instructions on how to do this?

Have you not read the FAQ?? /t/967/1

yes I did but I still do not know where in the steps to add all those other items like the action 1 & all the swaps.

I'm not sure that this will work as you intend. Because of Mp3tag's default vorbis comment tag mapping of ORGANIZATION to the internal PUBLISHER field name, both %organization% and %publisher% will reference a field named ORGANIZATION.

I assume the publisher field is empty in which case swapping will work leaving the publisher field full and the organization one empty therefore deleting it.

I suppose I shoulda mentioned that a filter [F3] would be usefull to use here.

%publisher% MISSING AND %organization% PRESENT

1. As long as Mp3tag's default mapping of PUBLISHER to ORGANIZATION remains, there's no way that the two names can address two different fields.

2. In testing, that's not how it works for me. As I said in another thread, maybe it's a bug, but I end up with the original field being emptied, but not deleted.

With me it simply deletes the organization tag (because the publisher is empty) and formats what was there in the organization to the publisher tag using the action like I said earlier.