3.08b Unwanted case conversion

I have used this string for a long time to copy the Title Tag to the File Name:
$num(%track%,2)- $validate(%title%,-)
Today, with 3.08b, I get unwanted case conversions. When I revert to v.3.08, there is no case conversion.
Example
Title Tag: Scarlatti; Keyboard Sonata K.516 'Allegretto' in D-m
File rename wanted: Scarlatti; Keyboard Sonata K.516 'Allegretto' in D**-m** (same as Tag)
File rename with 3.08b: Scarlatti; Keyboard Sonata K.516 'Allegretto' in D**-M**
Note the change from D-minor to D-Major. The abbreviations of the musical key are those used in Musichi for cataloging compositions.

1 Like

You are right: the culprit is the dot in K.516 - which I think is due to the
"FIX: renaming files with creating folders could possibly result in invalid folders names ending with spaces or dots" in 3.08a

1 Like

I am a bit late replying to the request for screen shots. See attached.(#3 Preview deleted due to limit for new users on forum)

1 Like

Sorry for the extra work but I think it still helps as it shows that everything following the dot becomes lower case.

1 Like

I confirmed that "K517" works as expected, without case change.

But I am not creating folders, just renaming a file. Tag to Filename operation

I don't get your result. I get:
Scarlatti; Keyboard. Sonata K.516 'allegretto' in d-m.wav
So everything after the dot is written in lower case.

It seems that $validate( ) is broken if there is a dot in the placeholder-content.

1 Like

Many thanks for reporting and the helpful analysis of the issue from all of you. I've fixed the regression with Mp3tag v3.08c.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.