Report bugs where something is broken, preventing normal/typical use of Mp3tag.
I appreciate every bug report that helps to make Mp3tag even better, but I kindly ask you to take the following steps before posting.
Before posting a bug report
- Install the latest Development Build and check whether the bug is still present.
- Look at the existing open topics in the bug reports category and make sure that the bug has not been reported yet.
- Check the files for errors (in case it's file-related). How to check files for errors?
While posting a bug report
- Provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce bug.
- Report only one bug per topic. Open multiple topics for multiple bugs.
- Choose a topic title that explains the problem.
When I had a look at the bug report, I'll assign one of the following bug states:
- #bug-awaiting-feedback More feedback is needed from the OP or any other person who is able to reproduce the issue.
- #bug-confirmed I'm able to reproduce the bug or can confirm it's existence otherwise and will fix it in a future release.
- #bug-fixed The bug is fixed and is shipped with either the latest Development Build or the public release.
- #support or #bug-reports:no-bugs The bug report is either a support issue or I don't consider it as a bug of the program. As a consequence the topic is moved to the respective category.