Beatport.com WSS by stevehero [Release, Single Track & Artwork tagging]

Hi,

I have a CSV file:

$filename(csv,utf-16)Title;Artist;Album;Track;Year;Length;Size;Last Modified;Path;Filename;
$loop(%_filename_ext%)%title%;%artist%;%album%;%track%;%year%;%_length_seconds%;%_file_size%;%_file_mod_date%;%_folderpath%;%_filename_ext%;
$loopend()build on %_date% with %_app% - the universal Tag editor - http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Who can help me add the following fields, please:
ALBUM, ALBUMARTIST, ARTIST, BPM, CATALOG#, GENRE, LENGHT, MIXARTIST. PUBLISHER, STYLE, TITLE, TRACK, WWW, YEAR.

I would really appreciate anyone who could help me :slight_smile:

Hi @jchm and welcome to the forum.

You need to ask that question here in the help section. This is a thread for the beatport web source script.

1 Like

It doesn't work anymore for me...
Has Beatport changed something again on the weekend?

It's working fine. I just test it out. Do you have the latest version?

1 Like

Thanks for checking, it turned out that I had restored the wrong files from a backup after my profile files were corrupted... my bad.

I hope they are feasible changes:

1. you can customize the order of the columns in the "results list" screen
  2. always in the results list, is it possible to see the cover so as to understand also through the cover if it is the right version?
  3. what is the difference between searching for #RELEASE and #TRACK #DIRECT
  4. if I search for all the TAGs, is it possible to exclude some TAGs that are already written in the file or do I have to create personalized profiles according to the TAGs I have to write?

1. Yes, you can do so by reordering the tag1|tag2 in the scripts. The order of the code that does the parsing for the index section below needs to match that order also.
  2. No, you should create a new feature request for this for thumbnails. Good idea.
  3. 1st one is for when you have the whole ep or album and the other is when it's just a single track you downloaded from bp.
  4. Yes, read the readme that comes with the zip file. It explains how to do this.
1 Like
  1. OK
  2. For the feature request, count as if you have already requested it, also because I see that you like the idea.
  3. OK
  4. i did not find any readme in the zip file.

1. I've created it here: Thumbnail shown in the tag info panel for WSF

2. Apologies, there isn't one. I had one with version 4 and removed it in this version. In the starting post of the thread it says:

Open all scripts and see the .:: R E M O V E F I E L D S ::. section at the bottom. Edit to your liking. Search this thread on how to do this.

yes the section. :: R E M O V E F I E L D S ::.
From what I understand I can remove certain tags from writing by acting in that section. All this implies that if I want to write only the genre or only the BPM, I have to create 2 different source files, one that applies the genre and one only for the BPM.
This was already clear to me.

I was asking something else instead, if once I start the script and find all the present TAGs relating to a track, I can decide directly in the summary panel (last panel) which TAGs Write or overwrite perhaps applying or removing checks to the various fields ... At least so if I need to overwrite only one field, leaving the others unchanged, I shouldn't create a script for myself

for the cover as requested before I hope to see this implementation soon.

Ps: how can I be updated (by mail or other) if a new version of the script comes out?

Ah, I see now. I was actually thinking of adding a suggestion in the info tag panel to show checkboxes to write or not to write any tags.

Here's that suggestion. Suggestion - Checkboxes in adjust tag info panel for WSF

To get notified, just click this at the bottom of this page.

1 Like
  1. At this point I would also suggest that you can sort the various columns of the TAGs by dragging the columns.
    I applied the suggestion to sort the various TAGs in the script, I succeeded, but I admit that it is somewhat inconvenient to select and move the right blocks of code.

2. Is it possible to adapt this script of yours also for Traxsource searches? I found another script for traxsource but it honestly doesn't work like yours for beatport.

3. These scripts only work for disco songs on Beatport, how can I tag other pop, rock etc songs?
    I tried to use the scripts already present on mp3tag (discogs etc.) but it never works it always gives me an error. which service do you recommend me to use?

4. How to use #release scripts for entire albim? selecting multiple tracks or how?

tranks :heart:

1. That wouldn't be very easy to implement as the mp3tag dev Florian would have to rewrite and restructure the way it's done and would break a lot of existing scripts and would mean they all would need updating.
  2. No, it takes an entire rewrite to do this. I've used it a few times and found nothing wrong with it.
  3. I use this mod of the foo_discogs component to tag everything this script can't do. You need to be using foobar2000 for this. Releases · ghDaYuYu/foo_discogs · GitHub
  4. Select the entire album tracks and use any of the release scripts.
1 Like

Hi I'm hoping someone can help. My YEAR field is not making year YYYY instead it makes it

mmdd\YYYY

Exactly like that with the backslashes. How do I make it YYYY but not lose YYY-MM-DD for RELEASEDATE

I'll have to check this tomorrow as that seems like a bug but there's options for setting that year tag like that in the scripts. It's marked as an option so it's fairly obvious which section it is you need and it explains how to modify it.

Hi Steve, yes I know that section but it looks right, see below, so that's why I'm not sure why I still get

mmdd\YYYY

# DATE OPTION BELOW (Defaults to YYYY-MM-DD so leave this untouched for this output)
# Only leave one of these line below uncommented with no # preceding the line
regexpreplace "(releaseddate\":\s*\")(\d\d\d\d)-(\d\d)-(\d\d)" "$1$3$4"     # DATE in MMDD format
# regexpreplace "(releaseddate\":\s*\")(\d\d\d\d)-(\d\d)-(\d\d)" "$1$4$3"   # DATE in DDMM format

# YEAR OPTION BELOW (Defaults to YYYY-MM-DD so leave this untouched for this output)
# Only leave one of these line below uncommented with no # preceding the line
# regexpreplace "(released\":\s*\")(\d\d\d\d)-(\d\d)-(\d\d)" "$1$2-$4-$3"   # YEAR in YYYY-DD-MM format
# regexpreplace "(released\":\s*\")(\d\d\d\d)-(\d\d)-(\d\d)" "$1$4-$3-$2"   # YEAR in DD-MM-YYYY format
# regexpreplace "(released\":\s*\")(\d\d\d\d)-(\d\d)-(\d\d)" "$1$2"         # YEAR in YYYY format

For example, I just tag a new track and it gives this in year:

0614\1999-06-14 edit: it has 2 backslashes but they don't write here

If you want the YEAR in YYYY format you must unblock this line:
regexpreplace "(released\":\s*\")(\d\d\d\d)-(\d\d)-(\d\d)" "$1$2" # YEAR in YYYY format

It works fine here even when it's blocked out which is the default. if you let me know that release you're having trouble with.

I think you may have changed something further down the script to output that. But the link will confirm that.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I found the issue. I commented in a MMDD line (by mistake) and it messed up my year tagging. Sorted now.

Hi how can I comment out the end of the tag when it saves the folder.jpg file to the folder I'm working in? - I don't need that folder jpg file as my folders are set up by year and my cover art is embedded in each track when I tag it.

Edit: This is the pop-up I don't want every time I tag a track