Beatport.com WSS by stevehero [Release, Single Track & Artwork tagging]

5 posts were split to a new topic: Confirmation to keep existing covers at Tag Sources

Couple of quick queries if you or anyone would kindly help please?

• Year field: just want this in the format, 'YYYY', without affecting RELEASTIME. I tried tweaking, but then I don't get any values in said field?

• I've made all the tweaks to the 'artist' script - have it working well, how can you use the same settings etc. for the others - can you duplicate them across somehow?

Also, something stange must be going on at beatport earlier. Title of tracks was appearing in Comments field, even though comments field set to disable in the script. And track number was appearing in the Title field?

@waterfall
Year field: In the script you have to find "Year Options". Try to delete "#" at the start of the 3rd row for activating YYYY format.

For best results, try BP script v4.4.

Thanks :slight_smile: - did try this but it's then altering the value of "releasetime"?

I'm using the latest version of the scripts :slight_smile:

Maybe I misspoke, but I meant not to add a MIXARTIST in the field of ALBUMARTIST, but was present in the tags separately
Example as is : Track
ALBUMARTIST : Tiff Lacey, Chris Reece, Alexander Popov, Feel, Incognet, Happy Paul, Jeysound
ARTIST : Tiff Lacey, Alexander Popov, Feel
MIXARTIST : Chris Reece

as I would have liked: Track
ALBUMARTIST : Tiff Lacey, Alexander Popov, Feel
ARTIST : Tiff Lacey, Alexander Popov, Feel
MIXARTIST : Chris Reece

Maybe that's the way it's gonna work?

Not possible, as beatport dictates the album artists not me or the scripts. :upside_down_face:

thanks for the work and the support.
Sorry for a nb question, but i just extracted the files in the source folder, restarted mp3tag (v2.96), and i still cant use the pluggin: it doesnt show in the ui and the shortcuts dont work. Is anything wrong with that new version?

Also, I am struggling to understand what the different scripts do, could you please explain what

• Artwor K - by Release www(URL).src
    and
  • RELEASE Direct by B EATPORT RELEASE ID.src

mean, for instance, please?

thanks

aure

See here for ways to find the right place for the source scripts:

Ignore the part about the Windows store.

Welcome to the forum. In the starting post there's a link to show how to install them.

For the keyboard shortcuts you need to press the Alt key then the S key, then the letter A like the example below.

You'll see the scripts shortcuts from the underlined text like so:

071Rc1reMW

As far as what each script does it's fairly self explanatory from the starting post. If the script has direct in the title then it's when you have already gotten the WWW tag. Then there's artwork, release (for albums) and single (these are for when you only download a single track from a release).