Changing file paths above the parent directory?

Hi. My directory structure is currently "Genre/Artist - Album (Year)/track - title.ext". I would like to move all album folders of the same artist (including album art, etc.) into one folder, so: Genre/Artist/Album (Year)/track - title.ext. Is there a way to do this with mp3tag?

Before I posted, I found this old thread, which is similar but not quite what I'm after. Can't really make sense of it though. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Much appreciated.

Make a new action:

Action type: Format value
Field: _DIRECTORY
Format string: %artist%\%album% (%year%)

Do some tests first.

Perfect, mate. Thanks so much. This has saved me heaps of time. :smiley:

What does one do if they want to just to grab information that is just one up from the parent direcotry.

The %_parent_directory% works perfectly for single albums.

c:[ABC]\Album\song.mp3 so %_parent_directory% would pull [ABC] and tag it to where you want it to. That's what I want.

The problem I'm having is that I have some albums that are just one more directory deeper.
c:[ABC]\Album\Disc1\song.mp3

So what ends up happening is %_parent_directory% will grab the album but not the [ABC]. How does one grab [ABC] in this directory setup?

The only thing I can think of is probably using folderpath but then I still have to edit them but at least part of that information is still there.

Thanks