I've made a tool that helps you choosing the right cover.
It will display the previews of the first 10 covers of the search results in Mp3tag.
Click below an image for a bigger or full preview and click on an image to choose it in Mp3tag.
See the ReadMe file for full instructions.
Works only with English or German Mp3tag at the moment.
Technically it seems to work.
I really appreciate your work, but please let me know, what would be the advantage to use this tool compared to others like 'Album Art Downloader'? What do I have overlooked?
It's mainly a tool to enhance Mp3tag.
Compared to AAD: It starts faster and you can immediately embed covers in the tag.
I've released a new version.
I recommend to rename the scripts to
Also add &1, &2 and &3 to your favorite scripts so you can call them with buttons or with command line parameters.
I.e. Cover &Preview#Single _ AmazonH.de &1.src
I had installed the first version and it worked good at some quick test.
Now i installed the lastes version (1.2). I deleted all files of the old version before. Your tool fails now to load the preview files. I got alway a white preview, but with correct filesize and imagesize of the search.
After fetching the old 01.jpg-10.jpg files out of the dustbin (Papierkorb) i got the preview from the last search I did with the first version. These files don't get updated. But the image- and filesize corresponds to the search i'm doing at the moment. And when I click on one of the previews, I also get the file which corresponds to the current search.
EDIT: it seems that this problem is only true for the google scripts. The old google scripts' preview is also not working anymore (at least with the new tool version). Maybe google changed some code.
Besides that, in Google Album you use for search:
$if($or(%albumartist%,%album artist%),,%artist% )%album%
It seems that the $or operator does not work, at least i get no results for it. And the first if option is empty. I would suggest:
$if2($if2(%albumartist%,%album artist%),%artist%) %album%
The Command Line with ws01, ws02,... is great. Unfortunately I use &p already for my Discogs &Pone scripts. I guess there is no easy way for the user to change this requirement in you tool.
Very nice, thank you.
I'm pretty amazed from your tool. The opportunity to start it within Mp3tag with the parameter corresponding to scripts is pretty fantastic. Didn't see that at the first look.
One little problem is left. These Buttons seem not to work: -->
There alway comes a message: "Information: You have reached the last folder." I tried different sorting of the folderpaths, but always the same. Am I doing something the wrong way?
Ok, that works. I started from the root before.
Would be better if the algorithm checks for the next path inside the mp3tag file list. But I can do this myself by selecting a file (or all files if i want to store the image inside the tag) from the next album and pressing the ws01 button. Nice feature that your tool always keeps on top.
I noticed that search related album pictures 01.jpg to 10.jpg getting stored in the Mp3tag prog directory. But I guess thats not the way it is intended to work. These pics are overwritten on every new search, by the way.
The CoverPreview window is allways in foreground (even the taskbar!) which is really annoying. Have to minimize it to work with Mp3tag or other apps.
I have an idea
How about if you added a a dropdown browse box right below the image description in Mp3tag that allowed you to browse the folders and files on your computer and select an .jpg or .png file to use to over-ride and replace the cover art if it's wrong or to replace missing cover art.