Cue file issues on loading

Hi,
I loaded a cue file into mp3tag (which specifies an mp3 master file), and 3 issues appear:

  1. The last track is showing the wrong duration 1h51 instead of 15m29 as shown in foobar2000

  2. The bitrate shows as 128kbs whereas it's actually 256kbs

  3. The icon for each track has my mp4 icon I think (foobar blue) instead of the foobar red I get for mp3 usually (maybe that's intentional?)

thanks, Lozzy

see e.g. this thread:

thanks, but this time I'm getting a discrepancy much greater... 1 hour 50 instead of 15 minutes!!

Did you try to check the files?
Here are links to such tools:


MP3tag interprets that what is already in the header - so if that is up the spout ... it may help to repair it.

ok thanks, I will try it and report back

both test programs report no errors - and the duration in MP3 diags is showing as 15 mins.

I should have also mentioned that if i load the mp3 in question directly into mp3 tag, it shows as 15 mins, it's only when I load the cue sheet that I get the error.

AFAIK a cue sheet is a plain text file - so you can edit it. Or create a new one as this one is apparently not accurate.

I've checked it - it's fine. If I load the same cuesheet into foobar it works perfectly, hence my confusion.

Update: I added an additional track on the end (splitting the last track into two) and again it's the last one which is showing incorrect duration - track 8 which was last is now correct at 10 mins. The new track 9 which should be around 5 mins is 1h41

I don't know what foobar does differently to MP3tag.
But see here for cue sheets with issues:


and I still would have a look at the cue sheet internally with an editor to see if the information is really correct.
Your observation that the files load correctly if loaded directly indicate an error in the cue sheet.

here's the original, and as I said I added another track to the end and the duration fault moved to that track instead..
TITLE "THE WIZARD OF EVESHAM [AD]"
FILE "AGATHA RAISIN - S02E01 WIZARD OF EVESHAM [AD].mp3" MP3
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "THE WIZARD OF EVESHAM [AD] 1"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "THE WIZARD OF EVESHAM [AD] 2"
INDEX 01 08:54:66
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "THE WIZARD OF EVESHAM [AD] 3"
INDEX 01 21:34:16
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "THE WIZARD OF EVESHAM [AD] 4"
INDEX 01 30:53:69
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "THE WIZARD OF EVESHAM [AD] 5"
INDEX 01 47:49:70
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "THE WIZARD OF EVESHAM [AD] 6"
INDEX 01 59:13:22
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "THE WIZARD OF EVESHAM [AD] 7"
INDEX 01 67:55:54
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "THE WIZARD OF EVESHAM [AD] 8"
INDEX 01 76:18:10

I see nothing wrong

This marks the start time of the last track of the CUE file, so the duration is the difference of the total track length of the referenced file and this start time.

If Mp3tag detects a different bitrate for referenced MP3 file, the calculation of the total track length is also different.

You can provide the files via personal message or email for analyzing purposes and I'll have a look at it.

OK, thanks Florian, sorry it's taken a while to respond.
I shall PM you

Lozzy