Based on dano's Discogs scripts here are 3 extended scripts that get
Artist, Album, Genre, Title, Year, Style, Publisher, Mediatype, Mixartist, Cover
just like dano's and furthermore
Catalog#., Vinylno. (for vinyl rips), Band (for releases by more than one artist, known as 'Album Artist' in foobar), Country, Credits, Notes and Discogs Release No.
That is basically the complete information discogs.com offers about a release.
From my experience each of these scripts can be used at different opportunities: When you have a correct %artist% or %album% tag or it's easy to type it in, you use one of the respective two scripts. And the third scripts is useful if you have already tagged the release and just want to 'update' the discogs info. Or when you dont have any info besides the filename it's sometimes also the most easy way to just look it up on discogs.com and use the discogs release no.
- Containes album search
- Containes artist search
- Uses the discogs release nr. It expects it to be stored in a tag named %discogs-id%.
If you store the discogs-id (aka discogs release no.) somewhere else (e.g. in %comment%) you have to change this line:
[SearchBy]=%discogs-id% (to '[SearchBy]=%comment%') in order for discogs_release to work best.
Also recommended in that case is to change this line (for 2 times in 3 scripts each):
(to 'outputto "comment"').
If something doesnt work, please tell me.
- Fix: when a release had no rating there was an error
- Tweak: no more cases with ';' at the end of notes or credits
- Addition: %discogs-id% also retrieved in discogs_release script and for various artists albums in discogs_artist script
- Fix: Hyperlinks in Notes/Credits should now cause no more trouble.
discogs_album_ext4.src (10.8 KB)
discogs_artist_ext4.src (10.8 KB)
discogs_release_ext4.src (10.6 KB)