Export files as Calc files (.ods) for Libreoffice or any spreadsheet software (Excel etc.)

Hello
I' ve been trying to export files to be convenient to any spreadsheet software as LibreOffice, Openoffice or Excel, but stumble! I don't know if I have to create a new export config with a .ods extension, (tried and missed) as I can't find an existing one which sems to work.

It may be that you will have to first export your data from Mp3tag to ordinary TXT- and only then convert it in some third party software to the format you desire; manually that is

Thanks Zerow, I tried that but having difficulties to convert the TXT. Looking for an exit!

What usually works ist exporting the data using the CSV (= comma separated values) export configuration that ships with Mp3tag. Unlike the name, this configuration uses semicolons ; as delimiter.

You can duplicate the configuration and use the copy — just to be sure that you have the original around in case you want to revert any changes.

A simple CSV export can then be opened in the spreadsheet software. If this doesn't align the data neatly in cells, try using the import feature of the spreadsheet software which often also allows for defining a delimiter.

Speaking of delimiters: it can be helpful to use a different delimiter character in case your tags contain semicolons. Many spreadsheet softwares also support tab characters as delimiter which can be created using $char(9) in the export configuration.

A simple example then would be

$filename(csv,utf-16)Title$char(9)Artist$char(9)Album$char(9)Track$char(9)Year$char(9)Length$char(9)Size$char(9)Last Modified$char(9)Path$char(9)Filename$char(9)
$loop(%_filename_ext%)%title%$char(9)%artist%$char(9)%album%$char(9)%track%$char(9)%year%$char(9)%_length_seconds%$char(9)%_file_size%$char(9)%_file_mod_date%$char(9)%_folderpath%$char(9)%_filename_ext%$char(9)
$loopend()

A spreadsheet program should be able to import "csv" files - these are plain text files where every field is separated by a special character, in many cases a comma or semicolon, but best is the tab character.
I think that there is already an example export script in MP3tag.

Or have a look at this thread:

Thanks a lot Ohrenkino, I thought of the csv possibility and I understand now looking back to my many passed tries, that I simply suppressed (by mistake) the csv exp conf native to Mp3Tag, so I juste have to restore the config file I backed up at the start! thanks again!

Thanks Florian, this is the issue, as I answered to Ohrenkino: "I simply suppressed (by mistake) the csv exp conf native to Mp3Tag, so I juste have to restore the config file I backed up at the start! thanks again!"
after this is done I don't think I should have many probs to open my tags in a spreadsheet!
Thanks again (by the way that's Jean-Louis from Fr here!)