I’d wish for the possibility to have something like the "Tools" available for Action Groups.
This would help a lot in building the universal Tagger – and leave all the options to the user.
I’d use it for "standard cover images" for instance (which I now painfully do in Photoshop):
- An album folder can have a cover image called »%albumartistsort% - %album%.jpg«.
- If there’s a cover image in a file, I use the »Extract« action to save this instead (same name).
- I run some ImageMagick tools (convert/mogrify) on the cover to make it JPEG 160x160 px, 72 dpi.
- I re-import the cover with the »Import« action.
Name, Path, Parameter, [x] for all selected files.
Or, even simpler, something like:
- $exec = function name
- Title = Title for the console window (if shown)
- path = Path to executable, or batch file
- parameter = any command line parameters passed to executable/batch file
- showconsolewindow = Flag (bool) to indicate whether or not to show the console window