Hope you had a great break
I've been using mp3tag quite extensively over the last month or so and a few things came to mind re potential enhancements/ usability improvements. I'll post them as they recur to me. Here are a few that I recall at present:
- One thing I'd find very handy is the ability to hit a hotkey to select all tracks in a folder and then to cycle to the next folder doing the same when the hotkey is pressed. How I envisage this is as follows: when the user hits the hotkey, mp3tag determines the next folder based on the curson position and user's current sort order and selects all tracks in that folder ready for further processing by the user.
- The ability to assign hotkeys to invoke tag sources
- Ability to customise the tag panel by adding/removing columns
- Drag and drop 1/more columns in the "Adjust visibility of columns dialogue box
I've made a small tool (not complete) for this hotkey navigation
But I would also like such a feature in Mp3tag.
You can customise the tag panel in Options > Tag-Panel or do you mean something different?
Just saw the Tag Panel customisation ability - my oversight of the obvious.
I'll have a look at the tool as a temp workaround, thx
Hotkeys to invoke Tag Sources would also be very useful
Florian, any chance these will/can make your enhancement list?
Florian, are you able to provide some sort of indication whether this suggestion is likely to be included in a future release?
Unfortunately, this is currently not planned.
None of it ? Would you at least consider the ability to hit a hotkey to select all tracks in a folder and then to cycle to the next folder doing the same when the hotkey is pressed ?
I know I'm harping on re this one, but is there any particular reason you wouldn't do it?
For any user with a large library, being able to hit a hotkey to select all tracks in a given folder so that they can apply an action to them, use a web source etc. has to be a bonus. The current process forces one to use the mouse and/ or keyboard to highlight the first and drag down to or shift-click on the last entry. I'm sure I'm not alone wanting to be able to hit a hotkey and get the same result.
The implementation logic shouldn't be overly complex and one hotkey could behave differently depending on what is selected at the time of the key press:
- if not all files in the folder in which the currently highlighted file(s) are selected, select them all
- if they're all selected, using the current folder sort order, select all tracks in the next folder in the sort order.
It'd be a massive time saver for anyone doing sequential processing on a series of folders where selecting all folders would not be appropriate.
Would love to get your views on this.