Inserting Spaces

I've searched the forums and had no luck finding any answers to this.

I have several MP3 files where the title tags have no spaces. For example, the song "Blowing in the wind" has a title tag of "Blowinginthewind". Is there any way to use Mp3tag to recognize the words in the title and insert spaces between them?

It can do so if the title has different capitalisation for the different words, e.g., TagsLikeThis --otherwise it's not possible to detect word boundaries automatically with Mp3tag.

See FAQ on Separating strings that are written in one word.

What if the one word string contains a hyphen (or any other character for that matter) in the middle of it?
For example, where the

title field = Madonna-Take a bow

I would like to separate the string and insert spaces on each side of the hyphen. Then, I could split the madonna and take a bow into their artist and title fields, respectively.

I tried using the FAQ that showed the action "-" to " - " but that did not work.

I also tried using the FAQ you list here with a few changes, but I could not get it to work.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Action type: Replace with regular expressions
Regular expression: \s*-\s*
Replace matches with: " - " (without quotes)

Thanks.

I have not tried your version yet, but I was successful doing the following:

Action type = replace with regular expressions

Field = title
Regular expression = ^(.+?)-(.+?)
Replace matches with = $1 - $2

lobojon-

dano's version will produce the same results as yours in some situations. dano's version first removes the whitespace surrounding the hyphen before putting the leading and trailing space. your version will add the spaces regardless. also, and you may not want this- dano's version will add spaces to all of the hyphens in your field, not just the first hyphen.