Mac OS 64bit native app

Definitely interested as I'm planning to ditch Windows completely, by the end of this year.

I would also appreciate a native Mac version...

I have been running Mp3tag on an old windows xp machine in my loft via remote desktop for many years but it finally died and was replaced a more efficient NAS box

Im currently running your wine wrapper version on my MBP, but had the warning about compatibility with future versions of Mac OS.

I would be super interested also - especially as iTunes is being broken up.

I have installed the MacOS Catalina beta and unfortunately Wine doesn't work (well maybe 64bit but not 32bit) and especially Audiobooks are now abandoned by usual tag editing capabilities of iTunes. The Books app has very little metadata and no ability to handle files 'output' of its locked down sandbox.

Gotta say, I would be super excited to see a native macOS program. Tried the wine version and had to many bugs for me to continue using it. Use the windows version on my server which works awesome, but would prefer to not have to remote in if I can help it.

Kept trying other programs for the Mac support, but this is the only one I keep coming back to and would prefer this without the native Mac app than any of the ones I have used that do have the support.

I'm really hoping the native app is done in time for Catalina or you come up with a 64-bit wine fix! That would be really cool. Mp3tag is essential to my music needs.

1 Like

@johnjohn unless @Florian compiles it as 32-bit application, it would not work.

macOS Catalina is scheduled to be released sometime in October and I won’t make it to release a beta version of Mp3tag for macOS until then (even not an alpha version). I was working on the scripting engine and now implemented all of Mp3tag’s scripting functions. You see, it’s still internals — the next step is to get the converters running.

Please note, that macOS Catalina won’t support Wine-based apps. So if you rely on Mp3tag on your macOS machine, I suggest to not update to Catalina immediately.

4 Likes

I hope to see the native macOS app. Thank you!

1 Like

With Catalina released I would love to know if/when we might get support for mp3tag? The 'new iTunes' Music App is useless so there is a giant gap in the market for a fast Tag editing / Music organising tool for the Mac.

1 Like