Making playlists

No. If you move the directory to a existing directory, all files are just added. The string:
M:\Heerschende Data\MP3''s\%artist%
does not create a directory with the album name in it.

true.

As I said, files are overwriten (with a warning message) if you move the directory with Mp3Tag.

As I said, it workes here at my side. Experiment a little bit. I think you must doing something wrong at some point. Or download the latest version of Mp3Tag, maybe there is was a bug which is fixe now. Your status says you are still using 2.45b.

Okay then I was mistaken as you said in your first post that it would move the 'whole directory' so I assumed it would move the directory itself.

Which I really really don't want as it will clutter things up a lot.

Right, but only if the files move to an existing folder which I falsely assumed wasn't the case.

I've experimented the hell out of it but it doesn't seem to work. My version is 2.46a which is the latest according to the help section.

A last idea:
Go to Options > Playlists and uncheck "Entries relative from working directory"
Then you get playlists with the full path in it which you can store and move eveywhere. Do that after moving the audio files, of course. ' works again at my side.

I had already tried that, it doesn't make a difference.

Maybe you need the export feature here (Ctrl+E)

Make a new config with this content:

$filename(M:\Heerschende Data\MP3''s\\%artist%\\%artist% - %album%.m3u,ansi)$loop(%_path%)#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:%_length_seconds%,$if2(%artist% - %title%,%_filename_ext%)
%_filename_ext%
$loopend()

Select all files before you run it.

QUOTE (dano @ Nov 11 2010, 12:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe you need the export feature here (Ctrl+E)

Make a new config with this content:

$filename(M:\Heerschende Data\MP3''s\\%artist%\\%artist% - %album%.m3u,ansi)$loop(%_path%)#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:%_length_seconds%,$if2(%artist% - %title%,%_filename_ext%)
%_filename_ext%
$loopend()

Select all files before you run it.

Excellent! Thank you very much!

This did the trick, except for the fact that the files ended up in the wrong order. Easily adjusted in MM. But is there something I can do to prevent this from happening?

What order do you want? It can be defined inside $loop()
$loop(%_path%) sorts by path

I'd prefer the order in which the files are listed in MP3Tag, is that possible?

If not, it should be tracknumber.

So that should be $loop(%track%) I assume?

Is it also possible to use this function to export the mp3 files to the preferred destination and then add the .m3u file?

To sort like in Mp3tag list view:
$loop(a)

By track number:
$loop(%track%) or $loop($num(%track%,3))

For overwriting or why?
You can create a .bat file with the export that moves the files. It can overwrite other files.

Thanx!

Not necessarily for overwriting just for convenience. One function to do everything at once.

Can moving the files only be done by creating a .bat file?

Move + overwrite ... only with .bat
Move + no overwrite ... also with Convert or Actions

You can execute an export also from the actions. And the moving with the converter can be done with an action Format value on _FILENAME