Merging two tag rules into one. Is it possible?

Hello fellow mp3tag users and respected developers!

First of all, i'd like to congratulate all of you for making this tool one of the most effective that i've found and use frequently.
Through all this years using mp3tag i've managed to perfect my method of "tagging" and replacing filenames or folders but one little problem remais. My lack of skills to tweak some tag rules.

Thus i have got this two tags that i would like to know if it's possible to "merge" into one effectively:

The first one consists of changing the TITLE field's first letter into UPPER case. Simple task, nothing complex here. The second rule consists of changing the TITLE field's first letter into UPPER case ignoring what's inside parentheses.

[I.E.: <!--coloro:#FF6666--><span style="color:#FF6666"><!--/coloro-->Röyksopp - Beautiful DAY withOUT yoU (Rex The Dog remix)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> -> <!--coloro:#009900--><span style="color:#009900"><!--/coloro-->Röyksopp - Beautiful day without you (Rex The Dog remix)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->]

Basically when i want to apply both rules to all the tracks of one album i have to select all the tracks wich titles doesn't contain parentheses and then invert the selection and apply the second rule above mentioned. It's a tedious process and i want to know if there's a way to shorten it!?

I hope i've made this text understandable.

I'll show the second tag script so that you understand how it works:

Action -> Replace by regular expression

Regular expression -> ^(.)((.))

Replace to -> $caps3($1)$2

Best regards,

Regular Expressions

I've just started playing with regular expressions, but I got this to work. It satisfies both titles (with and without paranthesis), retaining whatever occurs after '('

Röyksopp - Beautiful DAY withOUT yoU -> Röyksopp - beautiful day without you
Röyksopp - Beautiful DAY withOUT yoU (Rex The Dog remix) -> Röyksopp - beautiful day without you (Rex The Dog remix)

Action type: Replace with regular expression
Field: TITLE
Regular expression: ^(.*?)((|$)
Replace matches with: $caps3($1)$2

[ ] case-sensitive comparison

If there are any improvements, shout it out.

Just tried and that is EXACTLY what i was looking for a long time! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience ffolke! You just made a happy man today! :slight_smile: