Mp3tag for Mac v1.7 released

Mp3tag for Mac v1.7 released

I’ve just released Mp3tag for Mac v1.7 and I want to take the opportunity to outline some of the new features and improvements for you:

Support for Multiline Fields on Tag Panel

I’ve extended the Tag Panel on the left for entering metadata to support even more configuration options: it's now possible to also add multiline fields (e.g., for adding lyrics or podcast descriptions) in addition to standard text fields and checkbox fields.

Playlist and Export Filename Configuration

The name for playlists and export files can now be configured via settings using a format string (i.e., a template pattern that is filled with actual artist and album metadata once the playlist or export file is created).

Custom Copy Format

The format that is used when copying a textual representation via ⌘C to the clipboard can now be configured via settings.

A few more things

I’ve also extended the Discogs Tag Source to import even more composers (Discogs has various ways of allowing the composer information to be denoted) and added a history drop-down to allow for reusing previously used format strings when exporting tag information. You can inspect the complete list of changes via the Mp3tag for Mac changelog. If something is unclear or sparks your interest, please don’t hesitate to ask.

It's a free update! You can update the Mac App Store version via the Update tab in the App Store app and the standalone version from within the app via File → Check for Updates.

And if you’re not yet using Mp3tag for Mac, you can always get the 7-day trial version — only days you’re using the app are counted.

Thank you for reading, your interest, and your support.

Enjoy and take care
— Florian

I've just released Mp3tag for Mac v1.7.1 with the following changes:

New

• Added format string history for Preferences Playlist Filename. (#59591)
  • Added format string history for Preferences Export Filename. (#59591)
  • Added format string history for Preferences Copy Format. (#59591)
  • Added format string history to Export Cover action dialog.
  • Added format string history to Import Cover action dialog.
  • Added format string history to Import Text File action dialog.

Changed, Improved & Fixed:

• Last used Tag Source was triggered only via menu item but not via keyboard shortcut ⌘I. (#59540)
  • ID3v2 WXXX frames with user-defined descriptions could not be added.
1 Like

I've just released Mp3tag for Mac v1.7.2 with the following changes:

• Last character was truncated when writing ID3v1 fields in some cases.

I've just released Mp3tag for Mac v1.7.3 with the following changes:

• Action import tag fields did not match multiline input. (#59765)
  • Using the red close button to close certain action configuration windows locked the app. (#59805)
  • Changed BPM field for MP4 to only display the bpm value without extra formatting.
  • Added support for Zero Width Joiner (ZWJ) and Zero Width Non-Joiner (ZWNJ) Unicode characters when renaming files from tags. (#59699)
1 Like

I've just released Mp3tag for Mac v1.7.4 with the following changes:

• Last line of script was omitted when parsing Custom Tag Sources.
  • Command KillTag at Custom Tag Sources wasn't supported yet. (#8995)

I've just released Mp3tag for Mac v1.7.5 with the following changes:

• Error message when writing files on network shares with certain file systems and where the target file size exceeded the original file size. (#59968)

I've just released Mp3tag for Mac v1.7.6 with the following changes:

New:

• Added support for file matching via %_filename_ext% and %_path% when importing tags from text file. (#55186)

• Selecting a word via double-click when editing filenames in the File List instead selected the whole base filename without extension under macOS Monterey. (#59998)
  • Progress dialog wasn't dismissed automatically if search via Tag Sources returned no results.
  • Parsing text to tags allowed to create fields starting with an underscore.

I've just released Mp3tag for Mac v1.7.7 with the following changes:

• Regression from previous version where selecting a search result at Custom Tag Sources had no effect. (#60513)

I've just released Mp3tag for Mac v1.7.8 with the following changes:

• Preview at Convert → Tag - Tag automatically resized window to fit preview text, which could exceed screen width.