I'm a new mobile DJ and I'm organizing my music. I need your help badly. MP3Tag is a very good program that helped me in the past, but something happened.
I used Mixed In Key and it gave my song "titles" this format here 120.00 - 1A - DROP THE BEAT, (where "120.00" is the BPM, "1A" is the key, and "Drop the Beat" is the name of the song.). Interesting enough, my file names are the same as the song titles.
Then I started using Virtual DJ, and saw that I no longer need to have the BPM and Key in front of the song name. So I got "Bulk Rename Utility (BRU)" to delete the BPM and Key in the file name, but for some reason BRU doesn't change the song title.
So now when I look in Windows file explorer The file name will be "Drop the Beat", but the song title will be :120 - 1A - Drop The Beat.
The problem I have with MP3Tag is that when I pull in some songs, it still shows the "file name" and "song title" in this format "120 - 1A - Drop The Beat", even though I renamed the file in BRU to eliminate the BPM and Key data from the file name.
In the past I've used MP3Tag after renaming files with BRU and I was able to do a batch conversion so that the file name and song title became the same.
Something has happened. MP3Tag no longer recognizes files that I rename in BRU, so now, I can't do batch conversions or even single conversions in MP3Tag.
I need your help badly. I have a huge song database and yo do them individually is a lot of work that I would like to not have to do.
Thank you for taking the time.
aka DJ 2-TITE