Possible Alternative

Yes, that'd be nice.

Done. :slight_smile:

Please don't hesitate to ask, if you have any questions!

Best regards,
~ Florian

Grumb13, are you going to try to attempt this for ubl.artistdirect?

I might try - I'm not a coder or anything but I will have a look.
:flushed:
If I can figure it out, rest assured I'll post something here.

-G

ok, this is what i came up with in 2 hours, didnt recognise the code, so this is the best i could do. Had another little fiddle, was kinda tired when i did it, this should work now. cut out
OK, so it didn't work. i've tried to use the debug command but it just isn't working. The framework help is a great help though, gave me a better understanding about what is being sent and how. Any ideas on why the deboug output isnt working?

artistd.zip (937 Bytes)

Hi shufty,

the problem with your script was, that it was based on the artist search and the web source didn't gave you an album page, but a page with multiple artists. I've reworked your web source definition file and posted it at the announcement thread.

It would be nice, if you can test it :slight_smile: Thanks for your interest!

Best regards,
~ Florian

Thanks for looking at it, Florian. Had a little look and it still doesn't seem to be working: I get an error "Sorry, no entires matching your search criteria" Also had another error, could not connect to discogs when i searched for an album. Not sure why it would be trying to do that and looking at the source for the page, im stumped lol.

Florian,

How do you get the allmusic.src file to show up to use it?

I put it in with the discogs.src file but I'm not getting it showing up or anything.

Is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks,
G13

On Windows, click START->RUN. Enter %appdata%
Then browse to Mp3tag\data\sources

Maybe you get this error, because "no entires matching your search criteria" :slight_smile: Try to search for it manually on their website to be sure.

Cheers,
~ Florian

Dano,

I did what you said but the artistdirect.src file doesn't show up... what am I doing wrong?

If I do this correctly will it place a artistdirect dropdown in my web lookup button in the program GUI?

Sorry about this, I must seem dumb as a rock... :huh:

Thanks for your help,
G13

Where's your discogs.src file located?
If you have WinXP, the file should exist 2 times.
try CTR+F in windows explorer to search for both discogs.src files. One of its locations is the one that is used by mp3tag.

Hey Florian,

I have been playing with the new artistdirect.src file and shufty is correct it is not giving back search hits.
I was wondering after looking at the file itself if it could be because the default web search string is "artist" and you have it searching album?
I dunno, but I do know that the albums I am searching are on the website because I did a manual search on 10 or so and they were all there, but none of them came up as hits with the src file.
I think it would work better if its default search string was artist anyway... what do you think? :unsure:

Thanks,
G13

The intention with the artistdirect.src I've reworked was to help shufty building this web source definition - but it seems that I have to do it by myself again <_<

I also wrote an explanation why searching by artist is not possible with this web source. The web source framework uses a two stage method to get the albums' information - first search gives you a list of albums, second search gives the selected albums' information. If you get a list of artists first, you won't be able to do the rest in one step (getting artists' albums and the album information).

Can you please tell me, which search string returns no results for you? I've only tested this source with a few albums, so it's very likely that there are still some problems left.

Thanks!
~ Florian

Florian,

I'm sorry Florian... wasn't trying to cause you more work. :frowning:
I'll list a few that I was talking about for you like you requested though.

Warzone - [1994] - Old School To The New School
Where Fear & Weapons Meet - [1998] - Where Fear & Weapons Meet
Where Fear & Weapons Meet - [2001] - Unstoppable
Where Fear & Weapons Meet - [2003] - Control
Whitesnake - [1984] - Slide It In
Will Haven - [1999] - WHVN
Will Haven - [2001] - Carpe Diem
Will Haven - [2004] - Will Haven
Voivod - [1989] - Nothingface
Van Halen - [1980] - Women And Children First

There are a few I know are on the site, but I'm not getting hits back on them.

-G13

I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks,
~ Florian

The artistdirect.src should work now with the latest Development Build :slight_smile:

Best regards,
~ Florian

Sorry, i've had another look, but i'm just not getting anywhere. I kind of understand the code, but not fully and sometimes i get a bit lost; maybe i did rush it the first time. When i have some free time i will look at it.
The language it web source, correct?

EDIT: I just redownload the .src file you modified, seems to be working. tried "the downward spiral", pulled results back :slight_smile: G13 will be happy. Thanks florian, if there are any more sites, i'd like to have a go at them too.

CDDB by Gracenote is also one of the biggest databeses out there. I know this is probably asking for too much but it will make a nice addition to the other services.

According to their EULA, you are not allowed to implement access to other databases when using their CDDB2 service. Also, during the query you are required to display the Grancenote logo.

Edit: Oh, and the most important thing - you have to pay for the license, unless you have a non commercial product (and MP3Tag is a commercial product according to their terms of service).