Remove duplicate tags of the same type/field and move artist in TITLE to a new ARTIST field

As one example I have a file with several ARTIST fields:

And I would like to remove the duplicated ARTIST tag that contains Raul Planas.
Anybody knows how would I go to accomplish this? Is it possible to do this with MP3Tag?

As for the other question. Is there a way to move the artist from (feat. XXXX) from the TITLE field to a new ARTIST field?
When I tried the Guess Value it would replace the ARTIST field that already exists and not add one.

Thanks.

see this thread on how to remove duplicate strings in a list:

So you would have to merge the multi-value field first, preferably separated by a comma so that it can be treated by the expression from the linked thread.

The merged field then also is the way to add a further string to it.
You would need these steps:
One to trim the title string so that only the featured artist is left and add that string to the list of artists,
the second to remove the featured artist from the title.
Finally, you split the artist field again to get several ARTIST fields.

1 Like

So you would have to merge the multi-value field first, preferably separated by a comma so that it can be treated by the expression from the linked thread.

Thanks, I was thinking on this approach but I don't know why I didn't even tried it. I merged the fields and then ran a regex to remove the duplicates. That was easier than what I thought it would be.

The merged field then also is the way to add a further string to it.
You would need these steps:
One to trim the title string so that only the featured artist is left and add that string to the list of artists,
the second to remove the featured artist from the title.
Finally, you split the artist field again to get several ARTIST fields.

Hey, thanks, I tried joining the fields before (like months ago) but I must had been doing something wrong because it wasn't working, I've tried doing it now and it works well, this is what I tried:

If you know how it can be improved please tell me, I'm trying to have my actions as fewer as possible because it is already big.

Thanks for all the help!

EDIT: I changed one action otherwise the artist field will always get a ", ".

You could shorten the "Format value" action to
Format string: %artist%[, %dummyartist%]
This would add the contents of DUMMYARTIST plus the comma only if DUMMYARTIST is filled.