Renaming Recovered FLAC Files In A Large Batch From Hard Disk Crash On Mac OS X 10.6.8

I am trying to install puddletag.

I followed the instructions byt get the following error

Last login: Wed Jun 1 13:28:47 on console
Auns-MacBook:~ aun$ /usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/.../install)"
==> This script will install:
/usr/local/bin/brew
/usr/local/Library/...
/usr/local/share/doc/homebrew
/usr/local/share/man/man1/brew.1
/usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions/_brew
/usr/local/etc/bash_completion.d/brew
==> The following directories will be made group writable:
/usr/local/.
/usr/local/bin
/usr/local/include
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
/usr/local/share
==> The following directories will have their owner set to aun:
/usr/local/.
/usr/local/bin
/usr/local/include
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
/usr/local/share
==> The following directories will have their group set to admin:
/usr/local/.
/usr/local/bin
/usr/local/include
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
/usr/local/share

Press RETURN to continue or any other key to abort
==> /usr/bin/sudo /bin/chmod g+rwx /usr/local/. /usr/local/bin /usr/local/include /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig /usr/local/share
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
==> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/chown aun /usr/local/. /usr/local/bin /usr/local/include /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig /usr/local/share
==> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/chgrp admin /usr/local/. /usr/local/bin /usr/local/include /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig /usr/local/share
==> /usr/bin/sudo /bin/mkdir /Library/Caches/Homebrew
==> /usr/bin/sudo /bin/chmod g+rwx /Library/Caches/Homebrew
==> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/chown aun /Library/Caches/Homebrew
==> Downloading and installing Homebrew...
/usr/local/Library/brew.sh: line 140: /usr/bin/xcode-select: No such file or directory
You must: brew install git
Error: Git is unavailable
Failed during: /usr/local/bin/brew tap homebrew/core
Auns-MacBook:~ aun$ brew install git
/usr/local/Library/brew.sh: line 140: /usr/bin/xcode-select: No such file or directory
Error: Git is unavailable
Error: Failure while executing: /usr/local/bin/brew tap homebrew/core -q
Auns-MacBook:~ aun$

Can you tell me what is wrong?

Thanks

To be honest: this is the forum for the Windows program MP3tag.
It is not the Mac OS hotline,
it is not the support for puddletag.

There have been a number of suggestions how to get around the problem. I think you should try these first:

• move the files or some of them to an internal drive so that the network address disappears
  • get another Windows installation and see if it works there.

Also: get more knowledge about your OS.
It could also be that the access permissions are not sufficient - even though the paths do not match Windows standards, it could well be that MP3tag only issues an open file command to the OS and that then has to take care about getting the file.
Still, it could also be possible, that esp. renaming or moving paths then has to be as close as possible to the original OS so that you need a dedicated emulator.

I have tried referencing an internal drive. The network address doesn't disappear. If you read my earlier reply. I tried using the iTunes subdirectory on the internal volume and even so, it is showing up as:

"\\?\unix\Music_1\iTunes\iTunesMusic"

The internal drive shows up as "/" the subdirectory "Macintosh HD" under that and mp3tag appends \\?\unix to whatever Mac OS X drive I reference be it internal or external. It does not work on an internal drive either.

my thanks to garym for being the most patient and helpfull. I am replying here about puddletag because he suggested it to me here.

My apologies for asking for help here. I have tried all the suggestions given here. It appears that no knowledgeable help is forthcoming. It is just strange that a Mac OS X version is there at all when it clearly doesn't work and no one really knows how to make it work.

Adieu

All of it is revealed at
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/mac-osx.html

Did you notice that there are 2 versions available? One for Macs with Wine already installed and one where it isn't?
Which one did you take?
Is Wine uptodate on your system?

As this application works fine for a number of users, it looks like we have to focus on the environment on your system. If that is right then MP3tag will work.

That a genuine Linux program also does not work (here: puddletag) would make me think.

I've never used puddletag....I just have seen references to other users liking it because it works as a native OSX program and has many of mp3tag's functions. I'm not sure if there is a puddletag forum for help. Also, keep in mind that there is no OFFICIAL mp3tag OSX version. Third parties have made it work with a windows emulator and packaged this all together. Then mp3tag provides a link to these packages. But they do note that "Please note that those packages are not officially supported, but we do our best to keep them working on your MacBooks." I do know several happy users of mp3tag on OSX machines, so I know it does in fact work on Macs. Your "?" issue is not normal for a MAC volume location, thus the need for additional workarounds.

My earlier recommendation is what I would pursue: Copy these files to a USB drive and read them on a friends WINDOWS machine running mp3tag. Good luck.

Thanks again garym.

I do hope one of those happy users of mp3tag on OSX machines will chime in here.

Once again, thanks for all your helpful suggestions.

I have the version that is packaged with wine. In fact I installed it twice. Once was an earlier version and one the most current version when it prompted me to update.

There is a puddletag support forum it turns out. Should be able to get help there on installing it.
http://puddletag.sourceforge.net/forum/

also see this thread for puddletag install help.
http://vortexbox.org/forum/vortexbox/gener...64959#post64959