ReplayGain Tag Not Listed

I use dBpoweramp to rip and convert, applying Track ReplayGain codec. When I open one of these files in MP3Tag 2.51 I cannot see a way to display the ReplayGain tag. Does MP3Tag not support this tag?

Have you tried the extended tags dialogue (Alt-T)?

If you have used the Mp3Gain utility ...
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3Gain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3Gain
... then you might have used this tool with incorrect parameter.
See Mp3Gain usage informations.
To use Mp3Gain in compatible mode with Mp3tag and ID3v2, then apply command line parameter ...
/s i - use ID3v2 tag for MP3 gain info

In default usage the Mp3Gain utility writes Replay Gain information into APE tag, what leads to concealment in Mp3tag, because Mp3tag has a priority system "APE > ID3v2 > ID3v1".
Once there exist an APE tag in a mp3 file and Mp3tag is set to read APE, then only the tag-fields from the APE tag will be displayed and ID3 tag-fields are hidden.
The reverse situation is also valid. If Mp3tag is set to read ID3v2, then only the tag-fields from the ID3v2 tag will be displayed and APE tag-fields are hidden.

I'm starting to hate it, always telling the same old story about MP3Gain since years.
It should have been known today - world wide - that the basic attitude of Mp3Gain does not work together with Mp3tag.

And what I am telling, do not use any software application before reading the manual and fully understanding of what this software does.

DD.20120715.1903.CEST

No, I hadn't. I see it with that dialog but is there a way to get the RG column in the regular listing so I can easily see which tracks do not have RG tags applied? TIA

hi danno

Mp3Tag is supporting this Tag!

I did it this way:

1. Customize Columns
  2. NEW
  3. I called it: REPLAYGAIN
  4. Value: %REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN%
  5. Field: %REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN%

Afterwards it looks like the pic I posted

have a nice day

Ok, when you see the RG tag-fields in the dialog "Extended tags..." then you need to configure the list view columns to see the values in the list view too.
Go via "Mp3tag/View/Customize columns..." or do a secondary mouse click on the column header line and open the dialog "Customize columns...".
Do understand this dialog and create four new columns with the following properties ...

width=71 numeric=1 name=AlbumGain value=%REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN% sort=$replace(%REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN%,'.',) field= enabled=1 width=79 numeric=1 name=AlbumPeak value=%REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK% sort=$replace(%REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK%,'.',) field= enabled=1 width=71 numeric=1 name=TrackGain value=%REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN% sort=$replace(%REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN%,'.',) field= enabled=1 width=79 numeric=1 name=TrackPeak value=%REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK% sort=$replace(%REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK%,'.',) field= enabled=1

Because these column's data resp. the underlying tag-fields are not subject to edit within Mp3tag, the property "field" can be left empty.

DD.20120716.1615.CEST