Speeding up the loading process

Hi

I'm going to buy some more of old or some new RAM, for various reasons

But if I were to change DDR3 modules from
11-13-13-31-2N
to
10-12-12-31-2N
[manufactured by the same company] would that significantly speed up the time in which thousands of files are loaded into Mp3tag?

The drive on which the files are located is SATA III 10000 RPM and is used solely for that purpose [at least when I'm working with music]. And the motherboard of course runs it via SATA III connector

Or how else could I make that process shorter?

Put the files on SSD drive? [But isn't there a greater risk of data corruption?]

IMHO:

No. You will not find any difference.

Yes, for sure.

No. If you wanna be (more) sure, buy a SSD with 5 or more year of warranty
and in addition:
Backup your files on cheaper HDDs.
Just copy your files for the tagging process to a much faster SSD and then archive the files on much bigger and cheaper magnetic hard drives.

In respect to the thread topic:
None.
The bottleneck is the transfer from the mass storage to the memory, not the memory.
I agree with lyricslover: SSD adds more oomph.

But don't they work like this: the more you write on them [for example but constantly changing the tags or editing the audio of a FLAC file], the more probable the corruption is; in comparison to magnetic drives?

I always backup, from various points in time

But until I hear a corruption in a file or are unable to load it to some editor, I just don't know, if some song has been is damaged. I cannot have hundreds of full backups [right now I'm capable of having something like 20, on various drives combined]

This is not a place to ask about it but I'll take a quick shot at it: what can possibly limit my coping / moving speed?

I have already established and confirmed some facts. When coping / moving files from / to HDD, SSD and USB drives I get speeds like 15, 25, 30 MB/s; when I should be getting hundreds of MB/s [because I use SATA III and USB 3.0]. The only time I get around 100 MB/s is when and copy / move between SATA III 10 000 RPM and SATA III 7200 RPM; which is still not enough. Also when I move files from my digital camera via USB I get speeds that are not to be repeated, when an USB drive is connected to the same connector [and of course on other computer that drive works as fast as it should etc.]. Producer of my motherboard and my USB drive answered to my problem [explained to them in details] the same thing: send us your hardware for RMA replacement. And as for settings I do not index files; I do not use cache

And I ask about it because I think that my problem lies in some settings or bug in Windows 7, and not with my hardware [so upgrading it would do me no good]. Because: how fast should 10 000 files [or let's say 100 GB of MP3s / FLACs] be loaded to Mp3tag from a 10 000 RPM SATA III drive? Or from an SSD SATA III 560/540? [And I think about the first load after booting up, when there is no info stored in the RAM; and the system is idle and no tasks are performed]

Could you give me some examples [your numbers] and on what hardware it was achieved?

See the Windows 7 performance index (Press Windows-Key+break/Pause).
The details show you where the bottleneck is.

Theoretically, you are right. But in the real world you will change your complete hardware years before you get near to a critical condition of your SSD.
The SSDs from the most popular brands like Samsung comes with a standard warranty of 5 years. With the more expensive Pro-Version you already get 10 years.
No one write and read such a storage 10 x 365 x 24 hours.

As I already wrote: If you want to be very careful with your SSD, just copy your tracks to it if you want to modify them. For every other case (like just to play it), save it to 4/5/8 TB magnetic hard drive.

Your question

can't be helpfully answered, because every SATA drive has different buffers, every connected motherboard different caches and there are some more parts which can slow down the reading process.
In addition: I personally never load that much track into Mp3tag. I split my work to a much lower number of tracks and repeat the necessary steps several times.

If you really want to speed up the loading process in Mp3tag, buy a small 256GB SSD and use it as "superfast-track-modifying-shorttime-storage". This is the easiest and cheapest way to gain speed.

You mean this index?

The thing is, to save time [both when wanting to listen to the music and wanting to edit tags or audio] I've came up with a simple solution, of pinning a single playlist to the Mp3tag icon on a Windows's Taskbar. Something like

#EXTM3U
P:\Musikk
P:\Musikk 2

So know I just right click the icon to open a menu and left click to load the "playlist" [all of my music], from the 10 000 RPM drive

And when I make some changes, I just copy the whole music folder to another drive

And that's a time saving approach [although requiring a lot of backup space]

As for the other way around- it would be impractical. I would have to know which files / sub-folders to edit, find them on the slower drive, copy them to the fast drive, do the editing, copy back the changed files [overwriting the old ones]. Where's the time save in that?