Suggestion: Scratchpad

It would be very nice if we could have a simple scratchpad with a quick button in the toolbar to access it ( floating and dragable size always on top ( or off ) ) so we could add some words or sentences ( or regex ) for ( quick or later ) use and with support for copy, paste and save state feature.
(Maybe also tabs) :slight_smile:

I think that there are already similar functions available outside Mp3tag.
Doesn't W10 come with this feature in the shape of "Sticky notes"?
And even the good ole Notepad (or Editor) could be used like that - and be added as a tool in the context menu.

Yes that's the way i use it right now but when i am doing heavy editing on my library ( with other programs opened like foobar2000, photoshop, spek, chrome, windows etc ) it's very confusing than having something quicker like my suggest don't you think so?

I do not comment on the suggestion itself. I did that in my younger years.
But as it is not always clear if a suggestion is intended as a request for one particular way to implement a function or whether it is the search for a principal solution which not necessarily has to follow the path of the requester's description but is more looking something to solve the problem.
I find it very often that feature requests are typical for a particular workflow and just as often a request is not really a big step forward in a slightly modified workflow.

Or to cut that short: my opinion on the request itself is completely irrelevant.

This is definitely not a request but a kind of a wish for feature.
I haven't thought to push the author to work 3 months to implement it.
But hey, if it is a work of 1 hour ( i have no knowledge of programming ) then i say that every tool even the most humble it's always a huge step forward for me and for the program itself!

I use Notepad2. As it does not require installation I have multiplied it to may versions. Each version has its EXE with a color coded icon [changed with Resource Hacker]. And every version has a slightly different config- in regard to displayed colors [matching does of the EXE icon]. And every version is for different TXT formats, renamed by be to TXT2, TXT3 etc.

This way a have a unique system of color coded simple TXT files. And I never get confused with them