Tags Incorrectly applying causing corruption

So, I did attempt to fix this myself looking through the forum. There are two posts that reference this issue but I never saw any resolutions to this issue.
When tagging a track that is confirmed to be able to play normally the program will act as normal and "tag" the selected track and will show it has been tagged in mp3tag however when checking the metadata of the file the tags have not actually been applied along with the following error.

This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt. 0xc00d36c4

After trying to find a way to fix this through what is already on the forums I simply did a hard uninstall and reinstalled it and to my dismay and no avail, it was still doing this. The only thing that seems to fix the file is removing the tags, which resets it back to how it was and makes the file playable again. I'm unsure how to fix this issue at this point and would like some help whenever anyone manages across this topic.

see e.g. here:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.