[WS] Discogs (pone mod)

I used it with my own API, but that should make no difference. I will do some experiments with your script. Maybe I can get it going. If not, I will send you the debug. I will also report what chages got it going, if I get it going.

EDIT:
OK, it works. But only if I have the exact number of files as in the disogs release. I tested with only one file before.
That is a different behaviour as wiht the standard scripts which write TRACKS instead of TRACK and TITLE. Normally TRACKS gives the number of tracks to write, and you can see if your mp3 album misses some tracks.
With your script the number of files gives the number of tracks to write. So you don't see if the last tracks are missing, and you get strange results if you have more tracks than the discogs release. But at least you can see the number of total tracks. If you have less files than the discogs release has tracks, you still see the other tracks in the debug file, but not in the "Adjust tlbum information" window.

I will do further experiments with that new knowledge. Maybe we can get it going.

Update 3.5:

Fixed: Discogs changed the page again, I adjusted the script again.

Fixed: The search by (album)artist + year script did not search proper, it ignored the year. This is fixed now.

Hi Pone,
I just realized that sometimes my artist and title information get's mixed up if I tag for example a CD release with the discogs information of the corresponding vinyl release (other tracklist).

Can you tell me what I have to edit in your script to just let your script tag the information all the tracks have in common, so leave Artist, Title, Length, CD-number,.. of the different tracks as they are?

Thanks another time for your great script and your support!

Cheers, TLO

I'm not sure what you mean, try this:
In the settings mp3 file:
TEXT OPTION: FREE WEB SOURCES SCRIPT CODE FOR STANDARD SCRIPTS = set "tracks"
and after that Action: Discogs Pone > Create Scripts

But you will have to change the settings of the script extra for the releases and change it back for other releases afterward.

Personal comments:
I spend some time on searching for the right realease version at discogs in such cases. CD versions are listed most of the time. It can be a bit tricky to find the right version with older albums which have been released many times with different bonus tracks.

Or I just tage the tracks which are in the vinyl release and tag these with the web source. After that, I write the tag information of the not-discogs-listed bonus tracks manually.

And I always compare the tracklist of the discogs release with the filenames in the "Adjust Album Information" window, because at least in my mp3 collection there are many albums with missing tracks or different tracklists than the discogs releases.

Hi

first i'm sorry about my bad english i hope you can understand what im going to tell ya.

ok i want to install your script to use discogs but i have a problem.
I have downloaded the package and copied the extracted files to my Home Folder of Mp3Tag.

Then i dont understand what it means to load the seetings mp3 file in mp3tag?

Must the file only shown in the Folder Listing Window of Mp3tag?

I have tried it so and now i have to open the Aktiongroup. But here i dont understand what i have to
do there? My Options in the Aktion Groups are in german ( CDR, Standard, Schreibweise ändern )

There is nothing with update etc.

help would be nice
thx so far

See here for a German instruction / Schau hier für eine deutsche Anleitung:
Discogs-Pone Script Version 3 von 2011

If you don't see the action Discogs Pone>Create Scripts you have moved the extracted files into the wrong folder. You have to move the files with the folders into the %appdata%\Mp3tag</b> directory. The folder structure of the extracted files and folder must be kept as it ist.

Wenn du die Aktion Discogs Pone>Create Scripts nicht siehst, hast du die extrahierten Dateien in den falschen Ordner geschoben. Die Dateien müssen mit den Ordnern aus der Zip Datei in das %appdata%\Mp3tag</b> Verzeichnis. Dabei muss die Ordnerstruktur der extrahierten Ordner und Dateien beigehalten werden.

Wow

very nice Script 10000 times Thank You.

Another Question i get. I Have a Folder lets say with 100 mp3 files and want wo search for covers.
I dont want to click every mp3 file and search for cover manually. Is it possible to do it automaticly.

Like i Click a Button and get the search results for the first track
and when its correct cover, tags etc then i can click ok or if its wrong i can click next and the search goes one with the second mp3 file?

this would be also very great :smiley:

Not with Mp3tag when the mp3 files belong to different albums/releases.

There is an easy script by me and a very good tool by dano for cover images. But with both you have to search and click ok for every album. When 100 tracks belong to 100 album, you need 100 searches and 100 ok clicks :frowning:

This means that you did not read my instructions carefully enough.

Either (a) you deleted the fields DISCOGS_ALBUMARTIST and DISCOGS_ARTIST in the Discogs Pone Web Script Settings.mp3 file, or ( b ) you exported the web scripts from a different file.

If a:
Don't delete tag fields in the Discogs Pone Web Script Settings.mp3 file. Set the value of the fields which you don't want to "no". If you did delete fields, you have to download the file again.

If b:
Step 4 of my instruction: load Discogs Pone Web Script Settings.mp3 into Mp3tag
The action groups in Step 5 and 7 are meant to be run on that file.

some details on the search string:

The search by (album)artist searches for:
$regexp($if2($regexp(%albumartist%,^va$,Various,1),%artist%),The (.*),$1)

That means, it searches for %albumartist% if that field is present, or it search for %artist% if %albumartist% is not present.
There are some replacements which are made with the search string:

• "va" is replaced by "Various"
  • A leading "The" is deleted from the search string, beacause you get better search result in most cases.

"albumartist" and "artist" are the standard values of the fields DISCOGS_ALBUMARTIST and DISCOGS_ARTIST in the Discogs Pone Web Script Settings.mp3 file. If you replace this with other values (e.g. "album artist"), these other values are taken for the search.

Maybe a very stupid question, but how can i get cover art?
everytime i search for something i cant see coverart for that?

Never mind i get it!!

This also happens to some times if search at the same time when I'm downloading some file. I think it has something to to with internet speed. When it takes to long to get the picture, mp3tag sets a timeout for it.

Hi pone,

there is a light mistake with your script.
When I set TOTALDISCS it is written everytime the quantity of the mediatype is set.

2x CD (or Vinyl) -> TOTALDISCS = 2 -> correct
3x CD (or Vinyl) -> TOTALDISCS = 3 -> correct

2x File -> TOTALDISCS = 2 -> incorrect
11x File -> TOTALDISCS = 11 -> incorrect

Maybe you can correct it with the next release.

That's right. TOTALDISCS is simply the quantity of the mediatype.

What would be correct for for "file" releases? Keeping TOTALDISCS blank? 0? 1?

From my point of view: Keep it blank.
In my opinion TOTALDISCS refers to physical media and "File" is not a physical medium.

I will care for that in the next update.

Until that, you can fix it yourself by using the TEXT OPTION: FREE WEB SOURCES SCRIPT CODE ... Fields of the settings file.

Add this code:

gotoline 3
findline "class=\"head\">Format:"
moveline 1 1
joinuntil "</div>"
findinline " &times;" 1 1
findinline ">" 1 1
if "File"
set "totaldiscs"
endif

to this three fields in the option file:
TEXT OPTION: FREE WEB SOURCES SCRIPT CODE FOR DJ SETS IN ONE FILE TRACKLIST SCRIPT
TEXT OPTION: FREE WEB SOURCES SCRIPT CODE FOR MULTISONG-TRACKS TRACKLIST SCRIPT
TEXT OPTION: FREE WEB SOURCES SCRIPT CODE FOR STANDARD SCRIPTS

Note:
If you haven't used these option fields befor, replace "#" with the code.
If you already other code in these option fields, add the code after your already existing code there.

In the code, I have written "set "totaldiscs"", assuming that TOTALDISCS is the name for this fiel. If you have chosen a different fieldname for DISCOGS_TOTALDISCS, you have to use that.

By the way:
Are you happy with the way totalidiscs is written for single disc releases?
It is left blank instead of being written as "1"
Maybe I can also change that.

QUOTE (pone @ May 30 2011, 13:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will care for that in the next update.

Until that, you can fix it yourself by using the TEXT OPTION: FREE WEB SOURCES SCRIPT CODE ... Fields of the settings file.

Add this code:

gotoline 3
findline "class=\"head\">Format:"
moveline 1 1
joinuntil "</div>"
findinline " &times;" 1 1
findinline ">" 1 1
if "File"
set "totaldiscs"
endif

to this three fields in the option file:
TEXT OPTION: FREE WEB SOURCES SCRIPT CODE FOR DJ SETS IN ONE FILE TRACKLIST SCRIPT
TEXT OPTION: FREE WEB SOURCES SCRIPT CODE FOR MULTISONG-TRACKS TRACKLIST SCRIPT
TEXT OPTION: FREE WEB SOURCES SCRIPT CODE FOR STANDARD SCRIPTS

Note:
If you haven't used these option fields befor, replace "#" with the code.
If you already other code in these option fields, add the code after your already existing code there.

In the code, I have written "set "totaldiscs"", assuming that TOTALDISCS is the name for this fiel. If you have chosen a different fieldname for DISCOGS_TOTALDISCS, you have to use that.

Will try that.

I am fine with a blank field for single disc releases.

Hi pone,

Have you thought about adding an option to link to Discogs via the ID for the DIGITAL releases - these are now becoming more and more popular due to ever-evolving technology and the way we purchase music - sometimes the digital release has extra tracks and tracklistings in a slightly different order.

I am currently using Pone 3.5 - many thanks and keep up all your great work! :slight_smile:

All the best, Neil

What ID do you mean?
The discogs release ID, which is part of the discogs URL is already there.
I see no other ID at discogs pages. Can you give a example?

Hi Pone,

I hope for you this is any easy answer. Where do I have to modify the script to get country in the search result shown?

the country which are shown here one screen later

thanks for your support

Leftaf

Unfortunately this is not possible.
The search results are from a page like this:
http://www.discogs.com/advanced_search?art...Search+Releases

As you can see, discogs search results has only fixed places for Artist, Album, Year, Format, Publisher & Catalog #. The country is sometimes mentioned in the preview text which my script presents as "info". But it is not always there