[WS] Discogs (pone mod)

Hi,

I got the issue lately that pone mod doesn't show the cover artwork anymore.
It worked fine since a day or two and in the options it is still enabled.

Is it just me or is discogs changing anything again?

Now it is working again!

No, I don't searching. I always use direct link by ID discogs to tagging.

I think the track-list on discogs is the problem.
http://www.discogs.com/Wham-Club-Fantastic.../release/390244

I'm seeing the same issue with the tracklist results from discogs (posted the same on this post).

It appears these scripts don't work with mp3tag v2.64, as you don't even get a 'connected to discogs message', so I've downgraded... The scripts then work by at least connecting, but then give the issue you've screenshotted above.

The screenshot shows pone mod 4.0

Latest version is 4.4
Please update!

Update to 4.4 - working now, thanks!

How to get the exact 'released' date mapped and tagged with the discogs tagging please?

Edit: I've figured how to map the release date by going through the tag-field values of Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 to customize the script.
For those who may looking to achieve this, edit the "year & date" field to:

Year: >YEAR
Date: >RELEASETIME

• date format: >YYYY-MON-DD

I've chosen to go with a short text month e.g 01 = Jan, 02 = Feb.

What I'd now like to

PONE: This is an absolutely fantastic piece of work; amazing coding - in conjuction with mp3tag's brilliant application - and is working a real treat for me.

Granted, I've had to spend a bit of time figuring things out and customising a fair few things, but this is now configured in a great way for me!

Thank you!

Now if you could possibly consider this post, and if this script could do that, it would be totally perfect!

You right. 4.4 working great.
Thanks.

I hate doing this but after no reply for about six weeks...

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this issue?

Thnx for this great tool!

A question though:
When I look up an album, often I get many results, especially for older albums with lots of re-releases. Those often contain bonus tracks, so there exist lots of versions with varying track counts.

Since it is a lot of work to preview each and every result, the first thing I would like to do is to narrow down and select the albums with the same number of tracks as the album version that I have.

The panel with the results has no column that shows the track count of the found albums though.
Is there a setting where I can set this somehow?
Or even better, set the track count before searching, so only albums with that number of tracks will show up in the Search Results panel?

Tia!

The best thing to do with this, which is what I've found after having a similar experience to yourself, is to run a search directly via the Discogs website or even Google; you then find (through a little more comfort of a web browser and having a full screen view) either the full discogs URL or the unique Discogs ID; in MP3T select Discogs Script > URL or ID

You then get the exact match - and all hopefully properly tagged :slight_smile:

Thnx for replying Waterfall. Your suggestion is a way to get there, but involves a lot of work for some albums.

I really hope that the developer can implement a column with track count for the found albums. That would make it a whole lot easier.

sorry for the needless post...
Problem solved!

The "lack" of info comes from discogs itself.
In fact Discogs design is very poor in terms of disc#, side (for vinyl/cassette), track nr.
I have started several threads on discogs forum to amend design but so far in vain.
It is not possible to display total number of tracks in the search results.
I wish would be differently but no.

Thnx for clarifying Victor.
That's a shame. Hopefully somebody can bring some sense about this to the Discogs team.

Is it possible to write ORIGYEAR tag taken from discogs master release year by pone mod?

All three API-list sources don't work for me... The rest of Discogs scripts do, though.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this issue?

Having the same problem here. The tag field specified by "Format (complete): >" in the script.. As the other user has said..

instead of:
CD, Album, Deluxe Edition

now we get:
CD, Album,, "Deluxe Edition", Deluxe Edition,

the error presents itself in the same "format" every time. If you look at the format how it is on Discogs webpage, add an extra comma, place quotes around the last entry, and then repeat the last entry without quotes, and then add one more comma at the end.

Discogs must have changed something in their API, so now this is occurring as a result.
Any ideas, Pone?

Thanks for offering some insight into how and why the design is what it is.

Whilst technically excellent, such points you mention for design amend would put icing on the cake :slight_smile:

There are some severe design issues in discogs.

1. No relation between format (Disc) and tracks.
  2. Track position contains merged/encoded information of various element info: disc type, disc number, disc side, disc track number and subtrack. Vinyl/cassette numbering (A,B,C...AA,AB..., etc) belongs to "encoded" category.
  3. Subtracks. Majority of subtracks have no clear relation to main track. Because of design, API would have bad time to find out which is the last subtrack of a normal track.
  4. Section title. It is not clear which section it applies to.

When I use Discogs Pone# Standard Search and the name of the artist or albumtitle includes anything like . , : ' - , an error will occur [Error connecting to server: www.discogs.com >> Unauthorized (401], retrying will give the same result.
I'm using the Discogs Pone 4.4 from june with some small changes to the script.