I'm having this issue as well. Until yesterday it was all fine and I didn't do any update so maybe something with Discogs?
Maybe this helps:
Problem solved ^^ thanks so much
shoot, no idea what I did, but now pone is not pulling any tags from discogs anymore, I still find the releases by ID, but the tag review screen is pretty much blank, same as the file tags. any idea what I might have done to cause this anyone?
This web source script is now in the section of broken web source scripts which means that it does not work. So your observation matches the current state of this web source script.
I try to edit the script file but I can't save the changes to the script.
Here are some instructions where to look for accompanying files:
I assume that you have more than one location where you saved MP3tag and that you edit the wrong file.
If this is not the case, then please be a little bit more outspoken what you mean by
I'm trying to get as much info from Discogs by Release ID into tags, and are trying to use Discogs (pone mod) for that.
But, I think that I'm doing something wrong or misunderstanding something.
When I use eg. 8320538 (Bryan Adams - Waking up the neighbours) in the "Direct from Discogs-ID" Tag Source, I get some Tags:
But I think that Discogs has a lot more info.
When I use some other Tag-editors, and make some "calls" for that release, I get eg. composer, lyrics and more.
Do I have to make some configuring of pone mod, or?
The Tag Source is "Direct by Discogs ID"
Please note that the script "Discogs (pone mod)" is in the section of broken web source scripts. You will most likely not get a lot of help about that one.
Thanx for pointing that out.
I haven't seen the categories under Development.
I will look into the Web Source Scripts....
Can you btw point me to a manitained script that "scrape" all info from Discogs and put that info into relevant tags?
Thanx again for guiding me.
You could try one of the other - actual working - scripts from:
Thanx for reply, and guidance.
I have installed several scripts:
Which works, but I don't think that it returns ALL Discogs info - at least "style" is not returned as a tag.
AND it's in the broken category
Which returns "errors":
One where the .zip file is called Mp3tagSettings - Sorry, but I cannot remember from who/where.
Which also returns Sorry, no intries.... on the same album that build in script returns tags from.
I'm probably doing something wrong, but....
Can I be sure if I got the latest versions af the scripts - I'm not sure I understand the "download from within a threat".
It would be nice to have a modifyable built in script that would, from start, get all info/tags. In that way one could see which tags where not relevant - but, easy for me to say as I'm not able to code it.
Thanx for your time.
Hmm, several problems since with Discogs (pone mod) since last update (2.98):
At last I only imported via Release ID which worked fine.
Since the latest update 'Country' and 'Catalog-#' aren't imported anymore at all and the format is being changed e.g. instead of "2 × File, FLAC, Single" is shown with "File (FLAC, Single)". Besides the Track import seems to be different: instead of numbers with a leading 0 it now imports from vinyl releases i.e. e.g. A1, A2 and so on ... Help!
Please note that the pone mod script has been moved to the section of broken web sources.
Yes, I know, but please see above: it worked properly before the update. Now, it seems the update included changes wihich most likely also occur in the 'normal' version.
Unless you take the effort to check and fix the script, it stays as it is.
The section is about
I must be a lucky user. I'm using Mp3tag 299a with Windows 10 Version 1903 and have no problem using Direct by Release ID. I would highly suggest that the link @LyricsLover provided for working scripts be investigated. I have started to look at those scripts.
@TheDane. Step 6 in the installation instructions allow you to review and edit the default settings. The default settings combines the Discogs genre and style into the genre tag, but you can edit the settings to make them separate. Pone mod doesn't get composer information. Hopefully you have found another script that works for you.
@beero From your description it sounds like your Direct by Release ID script has been overlaid or clobbered. I'd suggest doing steps 4-7 of the installation instructions to recreate that script. In step 6 insure the settings match your last settings. Hopefully it will fix your problem.
For me, the Discogs Pone, Direct URL is also still working. Discogs &Pone# Direct by URL (&www).src (19.2 KB)
Took a little bit longer, vacation etc.
Anyhow: Works again, thanks-a-lot, Gary :o)
Still the Format-Output is a little bit weird with quotation marks etc. but better than empty ;o))