[WS] Discogs (pone mod)

Yeah, I modified the pone a bit to fit my tagging criteria, thought what I did might have caused some delayed domino effect, though I doubt it as I've been using it w/o issue for ages.

I had to reauthorize with a new token the other day on discogs. I realized I started having that issue shortly after. I'm gonna try digging around on their forums

1 Like

I have the same issue... Two days ago Discogs ID Extended (based on Pone Mod) stop to load artist info & tags

So no dice on this? :thinking:

Add me to the clueless list (artist tag Discogs)... Any guidance is welcome!

Its not bad patching in Artist & Album Artist manually on regular releases but on comps & mixes its really a PAIN, I know this is a broken web source but is there any chance of a fix or an alternative pone that is similar? none of the ones I have come close to my criteria.

Discogs Pone Create ParserScriptAlbum Standard.zip (10.9 KB)
I've made a fix. Maybe it is not complete yet but feel free to try.
Copy this .mte file to your export folder (overwrite existing file) and create the scripts again.

3 Likes

Create the scripts? I'm not sure how to go about doing this. :thinking:

That's explained in the first post. Since everyone can create their own version I don't know what script you use. Even if they have the same name, they can have different ouputs.

If you need a specific script fixed then please show me where I can download it.

1 Like

This is the one I use.Discogs__Pone__Direct_by_Discogs__ID.src (16.5 KB)

Ok try this one. Discogs__Pone__Direct_by_Discogs__ID.zip (4.6 KB)

1 Like

Looks good, Thanks!!!

Oh! How to fix my script?

Discogs Release ID Extended.src (22.8 KB)

How to fix your scipts manually:

In the script below this comment:
## combine anv joiners => anv joined #

replace
regexpreplace "\"join\": \"([^\}]+?)\", ([^\}]*?)\"anv\": \"([^\}]+?)\"" "\"join\": \"$1\", \"anv joined\": \"$3$1\", $2\"anv\": \"$3\""
with
regexpreplace "\"anv\": \"([^\}]+?)\", ([^\}]*?)\"join\": \"([^\}]+?)\"" "\"join\": \"$3\", \"anv joined\": \"$1$3\", $2\"anv\": \"$1\""
3 Likes

Thanks Dano!

It now enters the artist names again.
And all the old script tweaks are still working as well.
Awesome.

This is how I did it. It might be of use to any others...
Used the file from Discogs Pone Create ParserScriptAlbum Standard.zip (posted by Dano 4 days ago);
replaced the file with the same name in [AppData>Roaming>Mp3tag>export];
opened and selected the Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3 file from [AppData>Roaming>Mp3tag] in Mp3tag (make sure to select it):
then go to Menu Actions>Discogs Pone> Create scripts... Thats it!

1 Like

Ok I have now added my fix to the script package. I also fixed most of the searches. (requires latest Mp3tag version)
Discogs_Pone_Mod_4.4_update_2020-06-21.zip (48.3 KB)

7 Likes

Thanks for update @dano. Everything works fine.
Is there any way to changing "va" to "Various Artists"? I can't find out that option.

In the "Discogs Pone 4 Web Script Settings.mp3" file there is the tag field ARTIST NAMES
It has this line
- repleace album artist "Various" with >va
So after the > sign you can change va to Various Artists

2 Likes

@dano Oh, didn't see that immediately, sorry. I appreciate your help. Script is awesome!

2 Likes