[WS] Google Images Cover Search

thanks pone mf for the update

(only one number in the script had to be changed...)

greetz
apollo10

Another faster way of batch downloading album art is using a new tool called DisCoverArt.
DisCoverArt is a command line tool to download albumart (coverart) for mp3 music files based on artist and title or album.
The target audience are people who have organized their music collection in a single track artist+title way iso based on albums or album directories.
This tool can be used stand-alone, but it was aimed to be used in conjunction with mp3tag.
See this topic: /t/14521/1

Hey, this is no longer working can you possibly try to fix it. It seems google images has a new url which is www.google.com/imghp. When you type in the search string that the current .src uses it redirects to "https://www.google.com/search?q=%s&tbm=isch". It seems the url is working correctly but it never finds any matches so the problem may not have anything to do with the url?
Thanks

Yes, I can also confirm this fantastically useful script has been broken for at least a couple of weeks.

I would also greatly appreciate an update!

Thanks!

This script is not working anymore!

The problem is that google images is now only accessible via HTTPS URLs, which can't be parsed by Mp3tag.
If anyone knows a way to to access it via a HTTP URL, please let me know!

Thank you for almost 3000 downloads of the last version!

It's a real pity. Thanks Pone, I tried too to get it working. Darn HTTPS :frowning: What I have done is put this in my tools for CTRL+2 (2nd in the list). Which opens the images in your browser. You view the image, then drag it to the artwork area in the mp3tag UI. Save tags.

Here's the code for the tool:

https://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1656&bih=1190&tbs=imgo:1&q=$replace($trim($trim($repl($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($if2(%ALBUMARTIST%,$if2(%ALBUMARTIST%,$if2(%album artist%,$if2(%band%,$if2(%ALBUMARTIST%,$if2(%artist%,$if2(%artist%,%discogs_artist_name%))))))),(?i)^(va|various artists|v\.a\.)$,various),(?i)the,),(?i)''s( |$),$1),'(?i)[^\w]+(featuring|feat|ft|presents|pres|and|vs|w/|\+|/|&|www[^\s]+|[^\w\s])\.*', ),'\s+', ),',',)) $trim($regexp($regexp($regexp(%album%,'\b-\b|_', ),'(?i)\[.*\]|cd\s*\d*|[^\s]+.com|\bep\b|feat\.|ft\.|\bom\b|\boriginal\b|\bclub\b|\bmix\b|\bremix\b|\bthe\b|vinyl|web|www[^\s]+|[^\w\s]',),'\s+', ))), ,+)

It includes the option in google images to show image size so no need to hover/click on images.

Hi Steve,

I tried to follow your instructions but it didn't work for me. Would you mind noobing it down step by step a bit so I can see where I went wrong?

Thanks!

If you add these lines to your hosts file you can use Google without ssl. Note: Your country's Google ip could be different. Could you send me the script?

216.239.32.20 google.com
216.239.32.20 www.google.com

Sure go to tools>options>tools in the menu or CTRL+O>tools and add the code I gave like so. Follow my screenshot edit of the options you need.

If you follow these instructions then all you have to do is either right click on an album and tools>the name of your tool here like so or depending on where the tool is (in my case 3rd) then you can use the easier method of hitting CTRL+3.

But if you want to search for multiple files that are on based on ARTIST & TITLE info then use the code for the tool like:

https://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&safe=off&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1656&bih=1190&tbs=imgo:1&q=$replace(%artist% %title%, ,+,#,+,&,+,(OM),)

and uncheck the for

[ ] all selected files

in the 1st screenshot I posted. This will open all the files you selected based on the ARTIST and TITLE info as apposesd to the ARTIST and ALBUM info in this post.

Go it. Ta!

Steve, thanks for this option to Google Image Search Album Covers. This is a real help. Is it possible to create a "tool" like this to bring up a Wikipedia page for a song and/or album?
:w00t:

Which makes me wonder...why are there no Wikipedia Web Sources?

This is quite easy. Search anything in wiki language of your choice in your browser. Search
'blank' and Look at the url and you'll get: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=blank

Replace '=blank' with '&q=` followed by your tags. %title% %album%

Most likely because it's user driven and the info is very inconsistent.

Thanks for this Steve. I'm not getting any results though. I don't really know what I'm doing, I tried the url the way you stated, which gets me to a blank pages with "for help searching..." link. But I'm getting furthest with this parameter:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search&q=%artist% %title%

Which takes me to a wikipedia search page, highlights the search box for entry, but for some reason this is also opening up in a new firefox instance, and opening three extra tabs of junk sites.

Any thoughts?

(I just figured out the junk tabs are random sites using the words from the song title)

I wasn't at my computer when posting this so:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=$replace(%artist% %title%, ,+)

The spaces need to be replaced with a + so I used $replace to remove them. Hope this helps. If you want to add more tags insert them anywhere between the ( and the ,.

Thanks very much, stevehero!

Does anyone still have the original script from pone? Mp3tag supports HTTPS now (since v2.74) and I'm wondering if we could get this working again :slight_smile:

Kind regards
– Florian

Hi Florian. What was the reason for this? Was it just an mp3tag limitation?

If so. I might just revive the soundcloud script to work!!

Mp3tag didn't support HTTPS for web sources in the past. When discogs changed to allow HTTPS only, I wanted to do something and added HTTPS support.

So it might be possible that other web sources that were abandoned due to missing HTTPS support can get a second chance here :slight_smile:

Kind regards
– Florian

Best news I've heard today anyway :wink: I really want to get that Soundcloud script working. It's an underrated place to find good free music and not having a tagging method was a pain.

I'll post on the script forum should I get it going (find the time).

Thanks.

Hey guys.

I was in two minds to post this but maybe someone can get the issue.

I've tried my best to revive this fabulous script but alas, no bueno!

It only gets covers up to 150px which is great for those of you who are stuck in the 90's ;]

Unless, someone smarter than me can find the answer, this is as far as I can get with it. Good luck!
Google seems to be doing something their end, but I'm not website savy like that.

PS. Post results if you can.

Google_Images_.scr_by_stevehero_v1.0.src (4.77 KB)