[WS] vgmdb

Hello again, I've been working around a little in these src files, and now I have another question for you...

I have merged all composers, arrangers, and performers into one tag - Artists. Unfortunately though, everybody's name are being repeated (obviously). What I'm wondering, is; is there a function or something that 'removes duplicates' from one line?

Here are the codes for the Composers, Arrangers and Performers lines:

# Composer
findline "<b>Composed by</b>"
outputto "Artist"
moveline 1
regexpreplace "<span class=\"artistname\" lang=\"en\" style=\"display:inline\">([^<]+)</span>" "$1"
regexpreplace "<span class=\"artistname\" lang=\"ja\" style=\"display:none\">.+?</span>" ""
regexpreplace "<a[^>]+>" ""
replace "</a>" ""
sayregexp "(?<=<td>)[^<]+(?=</td>)" ""
say ", "

# Arranged
findline "<b>Arranged by</b>"
outputto "Artist"
moveline 1
regexpreplace "<span class=\"artistname\" lang=\"en\" style=\"display:inline\">([^<]+)</span>" "$1"
regexpreplace "<span class=\"artistname\" lang=\"ja\" style=\"display:none\">.+?</span>" ""
replace "</a>" ""
say ", "

# Performed
findline "<b>Performed by</b>"
outputto "Artist"
moveline 1
replace "</a>" ""

I think you should be add [Encoding]=utf-8.
Then if I can use Japanese to search.

The scripts in dano's first post are broken. The reason is that the layout code changed a little on VGMdb.

You can correct the scripts by editing them, see Dag's post:
http://vgmdb.net/forums/showpost.php?p=22310&postcount=5

Later,

Alcahest

Since the last post is also the same date as the last script update, I assume that earlier fix was made.

After using it today, it seems that it won't pick up classification (genre), publisher, composer, arranged by, and performed by.

Did VGMdb change their page structure again?

I had no issue with Classification but I fixed the other fields.

There seem to be a bug when the album contains exactly 1 single track.
In this case, the TITLE and TRACK tag show up under "Additional information" instead of the regular places.
Exemple album: http://vgmdb.net/album/25613
Can anyone reproduce?

That's normal.

Ah, strange but OK.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but with regards to the album art, how would I go about telling the script to log me into my VGMDB account so it will grab the higher res art, can't seem to find anything in the script to add in my login details.

That's not possible.

Ok, thank you for the prompt reply :slight_smile:

Not sure if VGMDB have changed anything but all of a sudden the script isn't returning any tracklistings and other info like notes etc. Have tried numerous albums that I know are in their database but still get no tracklistings etc like before.

Ya I'm having the same problem here. No tracklistings or other details that are usually provided. :frowning:

I need examples.

When you go to change the tags using vgmdb not all the information is being found.

Here is a link to an example picture: Picture
Here is a link to the album I'm using in the example picture: Link

I know that all the albums I have tried are on the vgmdb but the same little amount of information is being retrieved.

Ok, new scripts are uploaded.

Thanks! It works beautifully!

Hi Dano,
I have 1 small bug report and 1 small request, if possible.
-bug: when I use "VGMdb#Search by &Album.src" and input "EINHÄNDER" (without quotes), it yields no results (Album: Error). Isn't unicode supported to look for album names?

-request (which may partly be a bug): I would like to input the VGMdb "Composed by:" field into the "Artist" tag directly.
So I altered the following code

# Composer
findline "<b>Composed by</b>"
outputto "Artist"
moveline 1
regexpreplace "<span title=\"[^\"]*\" class=\"artistname\" lang=\"en\" style=\"display:inline\">([^<]+)</span>" "$1"
regexpreplace "<span title=\"[^\"]*\" class=\"artistname\" lang=\"ja\" style=\"display:none\">.+?</span>" ""
replace "</a>" ""

and removed the "# Performed" section completely, but the script always returns an empty field.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help,

Alcahest

Scripts updated again.

Thank you.