[X] Action group scroll down icon not showing up - again

Some time ago I reported this bug /t/16884/1

And it was fixed; or it seemed so, because there is another manifestation of it

It is till the case of Winamp docked at the top of the screen. This time with a 2.79 version of Mp3tag

If the Winamp is in form of a thin Ticketbar and the list of action takes something like as much as even 95% of vertical space, there is no problem. All actions are visible, and thus accessible

If the Winamp is in form of a thin Ticketbar and the list of action takes more than 100% of vertical space, there is no problem. The icons for scrolling list of actions are displayed, so all actions are accessible

But if you roll out Winamp from thin mode to the form taking more space, still in docked mode, then the bug can come out

If the list of action was taking something like 95% of vertical space, it does not fit any more on the screen and there are no scrolling icon on the list

This could either be fixed by registering a newly appeared need for those buttons, or by showing the list over Winamp [upfront throughout the entire screen]

feature request: select from predetermined tag set for custom fields
[X] Action group scroll down icon not showing up
[X] Filter doesn't remember positioning

Is this still happening? Unfortunately, all the screenshot URLs are broken.

Yes, it is still is happening; in version 2.87 and 2.88d

Right now I have the exact number of actions for it to manifest itself

When Winamp is in form of a thin line, then there is almost no problem, no matter how many actions I have. But I have exactly 47 of them. And so I see all of them, because they fit perfectly with Winamp in that minimalist form; but that is on the account of my personal settings of the OS and my monitor. The list of actions Mp3tag draws when the Actions icon is clicked starts just below that thin bar of Winamp

And so when I enroll Winamp, the whole Mp3tag Window gets adjusted, becoming smaller horizontally. And so I have to keep a fake 48th and also 49th action at the end, so that the triangle icon will appear and the list itself will take all of the horizontal dimension [obscuring Winamp as a result]. And if I delete the 49th entry, leaving only the artificial 48th entry, the list looses the icon and Mp3tag begins once again to draw its list of Actions below the Winamp; relatively way below the place where the list starts when Winamp is in the bar mode. But, thanks to my personal settings, even with only the 48th entry being present, when Winamp is a thin bar I can click the very bottom of the actions list- as apparently the triangle icon is present there and having focus of the mouse pointer when the mouse pointer touches the very bottom edge of the screen. But this trick does not work when Winamp is bigger, because when I click the Actions icon the list gets enrolled- but I see only up to the upper half of 42th entry [and I can only assume that the triangle icon was drawn as 43th position, to which focus of my pointer does not reach]

I'm not able to follow your description. Can you post screenshots? (and maybe upload it here directly, so that they won't break again).

Please also describe the steps needed to "enroll Winamp". It's a term I'm not familiar with.

A 47 - Winamp in Windowshade Mode [the thin bar look] with 47 actions on the list:

A: Everything is OK- because the list does not exceeds the vertical length of the screen

B 48 - Winamp in Windowshade Mode [the thin bar look] with 48 actions on the list:

B: The 47th action is not visible- but at least it can be selected with the mouse pointer when it is touching the edge of the screen

C 49 - Winamp in Windowshade Mode [the thin bar look] with 49 actions on the list:

C: Everything is OK- the user can scroll the list to see actions 47-49

D 47 - Winamp in Main Mode [the classic look] with 47 actions on the list:

D: Very bad situation: the user can select only up to the the 42nd action out of 47

E 48 - Winamp in Main Mode [the classic look] with 48 actions on the list:

E: Even worse situation: the user can select only up to the the 41st action out of 48

F 49 - Winamp in Main Mode [the classic look] with 49 actions on the list:

F: Everything is OK- the user can scroll the list to see actions 47-49

On every screenshoot the mouse pointer is at the very bottom of the list [Windows' sreenshoot tool does not record it]

As for the settings for Winamp, they are thoroughly described in this widely readable guide Unofficial Mp3tag & Audio Efficiency Guide V.1 or can be simply downloaded: Winamp settings.zip (474.0 KB)
[those file are suppose to replace all of the files located in, at least in Windows 7, under the C:\Users\YOUR-USER-NAME\AppData\Roaming\Winamp]

Just quickly double click the top edge of the screen in any of those two modes and Winamp will change it appearance to the other of these two modes evoked be me. With each of them, Winamp is docked at the top

Doesn't WIndows generate the menus?
What I see in those screenshots:
As long as Winamp is in the normal mode, the menus are drawn properly, they even leave the confinements of MP3tag.
As soon as Winamp is in this minimized mode, the menus get messed up. I would suspect that Winamp does not report the correct sizes.
@zerow: which other applications do you have that need/have menus that go over the full height of a screen? How do they behave?

Most likely?

But I did write

I could have been mistaken then- but if I were not then this would mean than for some time Mp3tag was fixed [and most likely I did not had Windows update as I have some problem with that process and install only those very few crucial ones about which I sporadically read in computer security related articles]

Unfortunately this is how you should interpret what you see on those screenshots:

A: Everything is OK- because the list does not exceeds the vertical length of the screen

B: The 47th action is not visible- but at least it can be selected with the mouse pointer when it is touching the edge of the screen

C: Everything is OK- the user can scroll the list to see actions 47-49

D: Very bad situation: the user can select only up to the the 42nd action out of 47

E: Even worse situation: the user can select only up to the the 41st action out of 48

F: Everything is OK- the user can scroll the list to see actions 47-49

[I just added these descriptions below the screenshots - I should have done this in the first place]

I could not come up with any other application- other than situations when a very low resolution is imposed in the system during some problems and some of what I should see exceeds the bloated screen

But then I remembered my latest discovery in FreeCommander [https://freecommander.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27807#p27807] in form of Categories for its Favorite Tollbars, which allow for creation of drop down menus. And so I build up a menu taking up the entire screen. And guess what: the same problems appears

When Winamp is in the Windowshade Mode [looks like a bar, just like on the screenshots A-C] and the list exceeds the vertical space slightly, I see half of the last entry created for such Category sub-menu- but I can still click it. And if I add another entry, thus exceeding the space even more, then a proper scroll icons appear within my view- and everything works as it should. However the list never draws itself over the Winamp like on "C 49", but stays below it like on "B 48" [but in this case also with a downward scroll icon being visible at the bottom of the list]

An when Winamp is in the Main Mode [looks like the old Winamp, just like on the screenshots D-F] and the list exceeds the vertical space slightly, I see that entry from Category sub-menu which is before the very last entry that exceeded the available height. And if I add another entry, nothing changes visibly- because I need to add around 8 entries so that FreeCommander will draw the scroll icons. But this last part worked only in the beginning, because when I started to tamper more with it, the downward icon evaporated- and I cannot bring it back; while the upward icon stays firmly at the very top of the list. Unfortunately the Favorite Toolbar in FreeCommander has also some other issues [at least on my desktop system]

And so I reported it there:
https://freecommander.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8710

Yes.

I don't see how you come to the conclusion. The linked issue is marked as "No Bug" and I consider this one a duplicate of the previous one. It seem that the docked Winamp interferes with the work area of the screen and I currently see no sane way of addressing this.

Please adjust your workflow to alleviate the issue.

So all we can do is wait and see, if some additional info comes out from the FreeCommander forum addressing this issue

Currently I keep those fake / artificial actions and the end of my Acions list; and so I have the scroll icons visible

How about the Tag Panel? Does Mp3tag has full control over it?

In version 2.88d if the the Tag Panel was docked vertically on the left side and had so many fields, then they exceed the available screen size, there was a bug that suppressed the showing up of the vertical scroll bar on the right side of the Tag Panel [regardless of docked Winamp being present or not]. But in 2.88e this was fixed

So: if Windows in some part generates the Tag Panel, then maybe this difference between 2.88d and 2.88e could be investigated in relation the the problem of too long Action menu not showing up the scroll icons?

And my second thought: I assume that in FreeCommander menus are also generated by Windows. But FC has the power to change their colors, thus appearance. But either colors are done in a different way than entries / icons themselves [so also the missing scroll icons]; or its just its developer that has not realized yet the connection [thus is not able to pint point the proper setting or the hypothetical bug]

I find it hard to bear to read these allegations. @Zerow: I would suggest that you get some more knowledge about how to create a GUI so that you are able to add some constructive comments on how to do things better.
If that is too much of an effort for you, then take the response

seriously and for granted.