Under Options->Tags->Mpeg, the ID3v2 character coding in v2.35 defaulted to UTF-16. Upgrading to v2.36 changes the default to UTF-8. This causes a weird extra character to be displayed at the end of each field (Artist, Title, etc.) in iTunes.
I'm annoyed because this has taken me a couple of hours to sort out. I think the default should stay the same, namely UTF-16.
It's an iTunes bug. That program doesn't fully support ID3v2.4 UTF-8 tags.
I also got the square charachter at the end of each field. Wich was bugging bugging me too. For now we'll just have to use the ID3v2.3 UTF-16 option in this great program.
Although it would have been nice to see the changed defaulted coding mentioned in the changelog.
That would have saved you a (valuable I'm sure) couple of hours.
The change to UTF-8 is not intended, there's something going wrong.
Mmm, seems like I've changed the default to ID3v2.4 UTF-8, but there's nothing I can do now.
Though this is not considered as a bug, since ID3v2.4 with UTF-8 are perfectly valid ID3v2 tags too.
I've changed the version on the server to default to ID3v2.3 with UTF-16. Maybe this will reduce the trouble for many people (including the support team ).
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.