Title : Mars (feat. Jupiter) ~~~~~ Artist : Venus

I need :

Title : Mars ~~~~~ Artist : Venus feat. Jupiter

2.)

Title : Mars (Jupiter) ~~~~~ Artist : Venus

I need :

Title : Mars ~~~~~ Artist : Venus feat. Jupiter

Thank You :slight_smile:
I used " ~ " just to make title and artist separate on this post and " ~ " is not included in my title or artist string

Make a new action:

Action type: Guess values
Source format: $regexp(%title%,' (.+?)',) $regexp(%title%,'^.+((?:feat. )?(.+?))',===== %artist% feat. $1)
Guessing pattern: %title% ===== %artist%

awesome.....thank you very much

Can you please repost the above regexp, only covering jozo123's first request?

That was meant to read... please repost the above regex, with it only moving featuring artists enclosed in brackets eg. (feat. *), not anything in brackets.

May be you have to modify it to your needs. See there if it helps ...
Move "Featuring" from Artist to Title

DD.20141127.1905.CET

I have tried all types of regex's but, they all move everything from the expression in the brackets to the artist field... as Apple do not appear to have a set rule for tagging files that appear on the iTunes store it makes it difficult.

some example %title% are...

Clarity (feat. Foxes)
Clarity (feat. Foxes) [Zedd Union Remix]
Don't You Worry Child (Radio Edit) [feat. John Martin]

I only want to move the feat. part out of the brackets, to the %artist% tag...

Clarity
Clarity [Zedd Union Remix]
Don't You Worry Child (Radio Edit)
Zedd feat. Foxes
Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin

Surely, this can be done with one expression and without having to use filters.

I have tried all types of regex's but, they all move everything from the expression in the brackets to the artist field... as Apple do not appear to have a set rule for tagging files that appear on the iTunes store it makes it difficult.

some example %title% are...

Clarity (feat. Foxes)
Clarity (feat. Foxes) [Zedd Union Remix]
Don't You Worry Child (Radio Edit) [feat. John Martin]

I only want to move the feat. part out of the brackets, to the %artist% tag...

Clarity
Clarity [Zedd Union Remix]
Don't You Worry Child (Radio Edit)
Zedd feat. Foxes
Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin

Surely, this can be done with one expression and without having to use filters.

If you are so sure, then do it.

If you are not so sure, then show us exactly what you have done so far.

You gave up too quickly.
Note the simple modification here of the given example there ...
Move "Featuring" from Artist to Title

1. Artist : Zedd Title : Clarity (feat. Foxes) Formatstring: %ARTIST%$regexp(%TITLE%,'^(.+?)\s+[[({<]?\s*(?:featuring|feat\.?|ft\.?)\s*([^])}>]+)[])}>]?(.*)$',' feat. $2+++$1$3',1) Temp Result : Zedd feat. Foxes+++Clarity Artist new : Zedd feat. Foxes Title new : Clarity 2. Artist : Zedd Title : Clarity (feat. Foxes) [Zedd Union Remix] Formatstring: %ARTIST%$regexp(%TITLE%,'^(.+?)\s+[[({<]?\s*(?:featuring|feat\.?|ft\.?)\s*([^])}>]+)[])}>]?(.*)$',' feat. $2+++$1$3',1) Temp Result : Zedd feat. Foxes+++Clarity [Zedd Union Remix] Artist new : Zedd feat. Foxes Title new : Clarity [Zedd Union Remix] 3. Artist : Swedish House Mafia Title : Don't You Worry Child (Radio Edit) [feat. John Martin] Formatstring: %ARTIST%$regexp(%TITLE%,'^(.+?)\s+[[({<]?\s*(?:featuring|feat\.?|ft\.?)\s*([^])}>]+)[])}>]?(.*)$',' feat. $2+++$1$3',1) Temp Result : Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin+++Don't You Worry Child (Radio Edit) Artist new : Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin Title new : Don't You Worry Child (Radio Edit)

DD.20141129.1505.CET

Could you please repost the link - it doesn't directly point to a topic in my case.

Thanks.

Done.

DD.20141130.1546.CET