Action - Filename rename and sort

Hi

New to MP3 taging and sorting stuffs...I searched different posts but the posts are a further confusing me and I am requesting for help...

I have a dump folder where I get to store all the MP3's with this filename Creationdate-xxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx__albumartist-all.mp3 (20140602-072050_265813428__106-all.mp3). The filename is standard.

If i point Mp3 tag to the dump folder I would like to do the following actions

1. Add album-artist from filename, Album as AUSOB, Genre as Vocal and finally the album cover. I have the below filename-tag string but its incomplete :frowning:

2. Show "Only month" in comments column

3. Create album with month name and Move MP3's to respective folders.

I think some of my requests are not feasible but any workaround or any other solution would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

You can emulate the converter Filename-Tag with an action of the type "Import tag-field (Guess values)"
Enter as source _FILENAME
Enter as pattern the same string that works for the converter.
(If that string is still incomplete, then you have to experiment a little. From the example that you showed I would say it is ok.)

For any field for that you want to set a fixed value use an action of the type "Format value"
e.g.
Set as field: ALBUM
Set as format string: AUSOB
The same works for GENRE and Vocal as well as comment with "only month" (in another action)

Unless you have the album cover already there you would have to use a web source, I guess. And that does not work with actions.
If you have the cover already somewhere you can use an action of the type
Import cover

I thought the ALBUM was supposed to be called AUSOB ...

To move individual files from one folder (the dump folder) to any other, either use the Convert>Tag-Filename function with an absolute path, e.g.
d:\mymusic\%album%\%title%
Or use an action of the type "Format value" for _FILENAME with the same parameters as in the Convert>Tag-Filename function as format string.

Following script of an action group may help as a starting point.

Begin Action Group Test2014#20140602.Samit.CreateTagfields

Action #1
Actiontype 7: Import tag fields (guess values)
Source format : %FILENAME%
Guessing pattern: %creation_date%-%dummy%%dummy%%albumartist%-all

Action #2
Actiontype 5: Format value
Field ______: TMP_M
Formatstring: $mid(%creation_date%,5,2)

Action #3
Field ______: FOLDER
Formatstring: $regexp(';Jan=01;Feb=02;Mar=03;Apr=04;May=05;Jun=06;Jul=07;Aug=08;Sep=09;Oct=10;Nov=1
1;Dec=12;','^.;(.+?)='%TMP_M%';.$','$1')

Action #4
Actiontype 9: Remove fields
Fields to remove (semicolon separated): TMP_M

Action #5
Field ______: COMMENT
Formatstring: 'Only month'

Action #6
Field ______: GENRE
Formatstring: 'Vocal'

Action #7
Field ______: ALBUM
Formatstring: 'AUSOB'

End Action Group Test2014#20140602.Samit.CreateTagfields (7 Actions)

DD.20140602.0821.CEST