Action for Case change inside parenthesis

I need to say in advance that i have already searched through the board as much as i could to find help but i was unlucky ! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I want to be able to change the case inside a parenthesis( "(" , ")" ) to Mixed Case.Is there any possibility to do so ?I want every word in any parenthesis to begin with a capital.

In case you don't see the point i watn to make it clear.Think of a song which needs extra info in the title field like remix name,year,etc.
i.e. Artist - Song (dj anyone whatever bla remix) <-- That's what i am getting after applying a case change (quick) action to the TITLE field (Song (dj anyone whatever bla remix))
So i want this one to look like Song (Dj Anyone Whatever Bla Remix)
I hope you get my point
Thank you a lot

Create an action like this one:

Action type: Format value
Field: TEST
Formatstring: $caps(%TEST%,' (')

DD.20060916.0607

Thanks DetlevD, I wanted to know that too :slight_smile:

Thank you but this is partially ok.
The function you mentioned triggers a case change after any given character.I wanted to be able to change the case inside a parenthesis to Mixed like in the example i gave

I hope i am clear... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And thank you again...

Hmm, not even more clear than before.
You want to change the case inside a parenthesis to Mixed. This problem is clear and solved.
What do you want to do with text outside the parenthesis?

DD.20060917.0630

Here comes another approach. Create an action like this one:
Action type: Replace with regular expression
Regular expression: ^(.)((.))(.*)$
Replace matches with: $1($caps($2))$3

[ ] case-sensitive comparison

pre: Artist - Song (DJ anyone whatever bla remix) Test II
post: Artist - Song (Dj Anyone Whatever Bla Remix) Test II

DD.20060917.0654

Bug report to Florian:
There seems to be an anomaly on the 'Replace matches' line when using following RegExp actions:

Action type: Replace with regular expression
Regular expression: ^(.)((.))(.*)$

Replace matches with: $1$caps($2,' (')$3

Replace matches with: $1$caps($2,' )')$3

DD.20060917.0707

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Yeah!!! That's right..! This is what i had in mind. You implemented my thought exactly,i could say,extending it a bit as well with that "$3" parameter.

I am so thankful
You solved a big problem for me.

As for my inclearness i want to say that your first suggestion [ $caps(...,'..') ] was coming up with another thing than the one my mind.It ends up giving me a title like this :

Title name (Dj anyone whatever bla remix)
which only makes the first letter in the parenthesis capital (sentence case)

As for my clearness I want to say, that I suggested to do this
Action type: Format value
Formatstring: $caps(%TEST%,' (')
Look at the second parameter ' (', there is a space character before the round bracket, that results into 'Song (Dj Anyone Whatever Bla Remix)'.

Fine.
DD.20060919.0540

I cannot see the point in streching this topic anymore but due to my willingness to support my case i want to say this:
In case you dinn't notice or didn't think of it at all (yes, it can be my fault) by Song i don't mean any single word.A song name can be more than two words.Claiming this is the case your first suggestion

would turn the whole TITLE field into Mixed Case.

eg. Song Title Name (Info Of The Song)
which is not my target You could try this one and come up with the results I have just done it...

Thanks for everything...

Ah, yes, now it is completely clear. Have fun with Mp3tag.

DD.20060919.2115