Action Question: Multiple Artist, Genre Tags

As a general question how could one create actions to take (for instance) multiple artist tags and copy them to multiple composer tags...

i.e.

ARTIST = Pearl Jam
ARTIST = Neil Young

to 

COMPOSER = Pearl Jam
COMPOSER = Neil Young

I've recently moved to FLAC files and am trying to fill and organize my composer tags amongst other things. When I tried using a format value action on something like I've described only the first artist tag gets moved to a composer tag rather than all of them.

As a secondary question, if I try to do an action on ARTIST tags (let's say swap first and last names) will the action work on all artist tags or just one? I hadn't gotten this far, yet and it may get taken care of by the solution to the first question.

I appreciate any thoughts or guidance on this matter.

If you create an action of the type "Format Tag Field" and set the contents of COMPOSER to
$meta(%artist%,0)//$meta(%artist%,1)
Should write the contents of the two artist tags into composer. The separator "//" is MP3tags separator for multi-value fields so that you implicitly create a multi-value composer tag.

Try this action ...
Actiontype 5: Format value
Field ______: COMPOSER
Formatstring: $meta_sep(ARTIST,'\\')

ARTIST = Pearl Jam
ARTIST = Neil Young

To:
COMPOSER = Pearl Jam
COMPOSER = Neil Young

You can find the answer by trying out for yourself.
As 'ohrenkino' has already pointed out, you can refer to one value of a multiple value tag-field by the function $meta(x,n), see further description about "meta" functions in the help manual.

DD.20110629.1235.CEST

Thanks for the ideas. I will test things out. I'm hoping I can automate it in such a way that it will work in cases where the number of artists could be variable. Ultimately, I'll be using such actions to automate my organization of the composer fields as I try to organize that aspect of my collection, which will mean trying to get COMPOSER to COMPOSERSORT.

I'll look closer at that meta function, and I am guessing the IF function will help as well.

Aside... I love this scripting ability of MP3Tag, but once I get things automated, they work so well that the next time I need an action I forget some of the details.