action to place artist tag in front of title tag?

Honestly, I tried to search how to do this and I just don't understand how to create actions. You gotta be a rocketshipheartsurgeon to figure this stuff out. haha

OK, I have some compilations I want to retag. One has 57 songs! I need to retag because if I load the comp into my ipod I would create 57 separate artists. I hate that.

What I'd like to do is in the tag move the Artist name in front of the Title so the Title looks like:
Title:
Britney Spears - I Just Shaved

Then I want to fill in the Artist tag to the name of the compilation which will probably be the same as the same as the Album tag.

How can I do that? I truly wish I could understand the process. Maybe one day you guys can provide a video tutorial the breaks down the process of going from an idea of what needs to be done to the actual creation of the action. That would help me so much!

Wow I was just looking at one of these compilations and it's about the worst tagging job I've ever seen! :astonished: I'm gonna have to do some manual work on it.

Honestly, I tried to search how to do this and I just don't understand how to create actions.
You gotta be a rocketshipheartsurgeon to figure this stuff out.

Actions does favour power over usability.

What I'd like to do is in the tag move the Artist name in front of the Title

Format value
Field:
TITLE
Format string:
%artist% - %title%

Thank you! So simple too! I just don't understand how to get started designing the action once I figure out what I might need for it to do.