Add parentheses To featured artist

I want to add featured artist

For example

artist
Michael Jackson Feat. Akon

to

Michael Jackson (Feat. Akon)

I have been trying this for a while and it is probably simple but is driving me crazy

Would have been interesting to see what you have been trying....

Create an Action Group that consists of two actions:
a) A replace action (just normal replace) that, in the field artist, replaces "Feat." with "(Feat."
b) a replace with regular expression action that, in the field artist, replaces $ (which stands for "end of string) with a ")"
You should apply a suitable filter first as this action simply adds the characters and does not check whether they are already there. If you run the action group twice, you will get duplicate brackets...

Action: "Format value"
Field: ARTIST
Formatstring: $replace(%ARTIST%,' Feat. ',' (Feat. ')')'

DD.20100824.1210.CEST

To avoid side effects ... set ...
Filterstring: ARTIST HAS " Feat. "

Edit. DD.20120705.1911.CEST

Add brackets around featured artists
Change "featuring" to feat. while adding parenthesis.

Is it possible to do this but put the (feat. artist) before another group of parentheses, for example:

Artist: Armin van Buuren feat. Laura V
Title: Drowning (Avicii Remix)

to

Artist: Armin van Buuren
Title: Drowning (feat. Laura V) (Avicii Remix)

Action: Guess values
Source format: $regexp(%title%,(.) ('('.')'),$1) ($regexp(%artist%,(.) (feat.),$2')') $regexp(%title%,(.) ('('.')'),$2)===$regexp(%artist%,(.) (feat.),$1)
Guessing pattern: %title%===%artist%

Regexp help

Awesome, works great if there is parentheses in the track tag but if there isn't the track results in the following (using a similar example):

Artist: Armin van Buuren feat. Laura V
Title: Drowning

to

Title: Drowning (feat. Laura V) Drowning

use this Source Format:
$regexp(%title%,(.) ('('.')'),$1) ($regexp(%artist%,(.) (feat.),$2')')$if($eql($right(%title%,1),')'), $regexp(%title%,(.) ('('.')'),$2),)===$regexp(%artist%,(.) (feat.),$1)

works for both, title with or without version names in parenthesis.

Thanks

This works great on tracks where the Artist tag does contain a feat. artist.

If the action is done on a batch of tracks, those which do not contain feat. artists the artist is copied into the title tag like so:

Title: Drowning

to

Title: Drowning (Armin van Buuren

And also

Title: Drowning (Avicii Remix)

to

Title: Drowning (Armin van Buuren (Avicii Remix)

Is there anyway to fix this or can this action only work correctly on those files which have a feat. artist in the artist tag?

That was what you asked for. Please be more exact what different cases the action should cover.

You can use the filter (F3) with %artist% MATCHES " feat" to display only those files which have a " feat."

But anyway, i like regular expressions, here is your Source Format for artists with or without feat and titles with our without versions in parenthesis:
$regexp(%title%,(.) ('('.')'),$1)$if($eql($regexp(%artist%,.* (feat).,XXX),XXX),$regexp(%artist%,(.) (feat.), '('$2')'),)$if($eql($right(%title%,1),')'), $regexp(%title%,(.) ('('.')'),$2),)===$regexp(%artist%,(.) (feat.*),$1)

different writings of the feat. like featuring, ft., Feat. would be the next problem, right?

Thank you for your help, sorry I wasn't more specific as I assumed it would just work like that.

Nope, I already have an action for that. :rolleyes: Thanks.

pone can u please help me with my only problem ??

I Have the tags like this:

artist: Akon

Title: Give It To Em feat. Rick Ross

i want to make like this:

artist: Akon & Rick Ross

title: Give It To Em

i already have an action to replace (feat. - featuring. - ft.) to (&)

thank u in advance

Haven't you posted the same question here?

how to move (feat.) from title to artist - HELP

yes.

sorry but didn't work

so I see dano has already fixed Ohrenkino's string in the other post.
no double posts please.

thank u and sorry for double posting.