Add tag from folder name to metadata

The folder name of all my albums is “YEAR – TITLE [CD-FLAC]”. The [CD-FLAC] is my own identifier of an album I have so I know the exact quality of it just by looking at the folder name of the album. So on my albums that I have purchased the Hi-Res version of the identifier can also be [24-44.1-FLAC] or [24-96-FLAC] etc...

I want the identifier I use, such as [CD-FLAC], to be included in the album name of the metadata for each song I have. I am looking for an automated way of doing this in Mp3tag but I am not very good with coding.

I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you!

have a look at the all new documentation:

Thank you I did see that but it doesn't help. Some of my folder names have extra text in them such as "YEAR - TITLE (Special Edition) [CD-FLAC]".

Basically I want to ignore everything about the folder name except my identifier at the end, [CD-FLAC] etc... Since my folder names vary is there any way of extracting just my Identifier contained with in the brackets [ ] regardless of whatever precedes it?

did you have a look at the section about %dummy%?
Just to get that clear: is there already data in the field ALBUM and you want to add that identifier?

Yes so in the metadata of the album title I already have the album name, what I want to do is add the text inside the bracket [ ] form my folder that the album is in to the end of the album name metadata.

Example:
If the metadata of my albums title is "This is my album", the folder that contains that albums songs is titled "1990 - This is my album [FLAC-CD]". I want [FLAC-CD] to be added to the album title metadata so the result would be the metadata of my album title is "This is my album [FLAC-CD]".

I understand I could just already us the folder name and exclude the "1990 - " but on a lot of my albums with several CD's the metadata of my album title is "This is my album: Bonus CD" or "This is my album: Live CD", but the folder that contains that does not have "Bonus CD" or "Live CD" added in the folder name.

This is why I just want to add the content inside of the brackets [ ] to the existing album name metadata.

Try an action of the type "Format value" for ALBUM
Format string: %album% $regexp(%_directory%,'.*\[(.*)\]',$1)
add whatever separator you want between %album% and $regexp().

Wow thank you so much that works really great! There are just 2 things I need to tweak then this will be perfect.

1. When I have a nested album such as CD1, how can the action grab the text within the bracket 1 folder level up? With album that have another folder inside called CD1 it just adds CD1 to the album title instead of what’s inside the bracket [ ]

2. How can I get it so the bracket also appears within the album title? Right now if [FLAC-CD], the action pulls FLAC-CD and adds it to the album title. I also want the [ ] to be added so that [FLAC-CD] is added to the album title.

Thanks again I appreciate your hard work!

Try %_parent_directory% instead of %_directory%

My suggestion followed exactly what you said initially:

ou could try:
Format string: %album% $regexp(%_directory%,'.*(\[.*\])',$1)
or
Format string: %album% $regexp(%_directory%,'.*\[(.*)\]','['$1']')