Add the TITLE to FILENAME

maybe this picture will help you more....




and this....



You missed the step where you change the lower "p" to lower "π".
You missed the step where you change the mixed case letters into upper case.

Please send us the entire ".mta" file which you have used in your screen demo.
You can find this file in the folder %APPDATA%\Mp3tag\data\actions</b>
See also:
freedb / Web sources

Press [WinKey+R], enter "%APPDATA%\Mp3tag\data\actions" into the edit line and press OK.
An Explorer window will open in the right folder.

dj 8adam-e!, did you understand what I wrote above in post #20 about the quirk when manipulating the pseudo tag-field _FILENAME with the Action "Replace"?
"Diakopes.mp3" (p->P) "DiakoPes.mP3"

DD.20100920.2258.CEST

hi again i'm trying to understend and your explenation is very parastatic and thanks for this but i'm not so professional in using the pc and i think that the hole problem can resolved with less technical matters and changes (i think) do you know if when i put the song in the mp3 tag it shows the .mp3 extension? there is no way to not show it ....so i don't have to do all the above?

Let us try another way of analyzing and verifying your situation.

Create a test folder.
Copy one dummy test mp3 file into this test folder.

Open Mp3tag.
Get only this one mp3 test file into list view.
Select only this one file.
Press [F2].
Enter this string into the listview's edit field: "Test"
So you did you named this file to "Test.mp3"
You see that the manipulation of the filename is visually restricted as well as technically restricted.
Beside the manipulation of the root part of the filename there is no way to change the current file extension.
Now the filebasename is "Test.mp3".
Press [F5].
Mp3tag displays this file in the listview.

Press [F2].
Enter this string into the listview's edit field: "Test.MΠ3".
Now the filebasename is "Test.MΠ3.mp3".
Press [F5].
You should still be able to see this file in Mp3tag listview.
You see that it is not possible to change the fileextension.
The filename ist still valid.
Mp3tag can work with this file, assumingly many other applications too.

Now use Windows Explorer or some file utility alike and look into the folder where this test file resides.
Explorer must set to display the complete filename, that means filerootname and fileextension must be shown in Details view.
Rename this file from "Test.MΠ3.mp3" to "Test.MΠ3".
You will receive a warning message that this file will be no longer of use after the renaming.
Nevertheless accept the change.

Switch to Mp3tag.
Press [F5].
The list view will be refreshed to a completely empty view.
You see that Mp3tag cannot work with the fileextension ".MΠ3".
Use Windows Explorer to rename the corrupt filebasename from "Test.MΠ3" to "Test.mp3"-

Switch to Mp3tag.
Press [F5].
Mp3tag displays this file "Test.mp3" in the listview.

Select the test file.
Invoke the action dialog "Replace".
Fill in the edit fields with ...
Field: _FILENAME
Original: p (latin letter p lowercase)
Replace with: π (greek letter pi lowercase)
Leave the checkboxes empty.
Execute the action.

What did you have expected?
Actually you see in the listview the changed filename "Test.mπ3".

Press [F5].
The list view will be refreshed to a completely empty view.
You see that Mp3tag cannot work with the fileextension ".mπ3".
The same fact is valid for the uppercased fileextension ".MΠ3".

As I have it explained in my above post #20, Mp3tag's "Replace" action has a quirk when it comes to replace characters in the pseudo tag-field _FILENAME.
Action "Replace" does not respect, that the content of the psuedo tag-field _FILENAME is of format "Filerootname.Fileextension".

Switch to Windows Explorer.
Rename the test file from "Test.mπ3" to "Test.mp3".

Switch to Mp3tag.
Press [F5].
Mp3tag displays this file "Test.mp3" in the listview.

Conclusion
Do not use the Action "Replace" in conjunction with the pseudo tag-field _FILENAME to change letters, which are letters of the fileextension too.
Especially do not change any standardized fileextension like ".mp3" to any nation or language related special characters. Although doing so makes the file unusable for all the applications, which rely on the worldwide standard filename extension.

There are other ways around in Mp3tag to reach the goal of changing letters in the filerootname without corrupting the fileextension.

Yes, the answer is: Don't do it!

DD.20100921.1355.CET

Let's just give him a solution for the problem.

A) with only one action:

Action type: Format value
Field: _FILENAME
Formatstring: $replace(%_filename%,M,Ϻ,P,Π,...)

or
B) With several actions like the original:

Action #1:
Action type: Format value
Field: TEMPFILENAME
Formatstring: %_filename%

Action #2:
Action type: Replace
Field: TEMPFILENAME
Original: M
Replace with: Ϻ

Action #3:
Action type: Replace
Field: TEMPFILENAME
Original: P
Replace with: Π

...
all your replacements
...

Last Action:
Action type: Format value
Field: _FILENAME
Formatstring: %tempfilename%

In the new development version _FILENAME doesn't include the extension anymore, so your replace action should work without changing .mp3 to .MΠ3

Try it here
/t/455/1