Adding autonumbers to the title

I have over a thousand Christmas songs, gathered from my LPs, cassettes, CDs, and purchased MP3s.

Problem is, the same songs by the same artists appear on LOTS of the CDs I buy (I can't tell you how many copies of "Thank God It's Christmas" by Queen I have).

Now that I have my Zune, I want to listen to each of them to decide which is a better copy, and also to categorize each song.

So I'm thinking that the best way to do this is to add a serial number to each title (0001 - Thank God It's Christmas, etc.) That way, I can quickly find the tracks on my hard drive once I figure out what to do with it on my Zune.

What is the easiest way to add a 4 digit auto-incrementing number to the title. I want to add it, leaving the original title intact.

Convert > Actions:

Action type: Format value
Field: TITLE
Format string: $num(%_counter%,4) - %title%

Worked perfectly. Thanks.

Hi, i have a question,
i want to add numbers to Filename, but i have many music folders, and i like to add numbers per folder, so for example i have 2 map both has 5 mp3 inside, so i want to add numbers seperatly so from 01 till 05 and second folder also 01 till 05, and not 01 till 10.
thank you

You can use "Tools > Auto-numbering wizard" to fill the Track tags of your files and then use "Convert > Tag - filename" to add the track numbers to your filenames.