Album art death grip

Is there a way to change album art at the album level? I have already changed it for every song on this album, but that didn't get rid of the original. Then I put a folder.jpg into the album's folder, but it was automatically renamed folder2. So then I triggered the "copy and replace" function but that didn't work either.

Can Mp3tag change artwork at the album level (not at each song level)?

How is MP3tag supposed to know whether a song belongs to an album or not?

Now then: how do you find out that the albumart stays the same? Does your player suggest this? Then it is a problem of the player and you should investigate where the player has its thumbnail cache (and then delete the cache to force an update).

If you export the albumart with the help of MP3tag you should set the "overwrite" option to on so that you end up with only one folder.jpg.

(By the way: how did you "put a folder.jpg into the album's folder, but it was automatically renamed folder2"? It does not look like a procedure using the windows explorer...)

Hah! You were right!

It was my player's cache... it was holding onto the image even though it was set to delete/rescan. I had to delete the entire thumbnail cache and rebuild it, but that worked. Mp3tag was doing its job fine from the start, and I guess I was using it the right way too. I thought maybe I was missing a step or overlooking a feature or something, but I guess not.

Its OK now. Thanks for the reply!