album art issue windows 7

hi,

i recently upgraded from xp pro sp3 to win 7 ultimate and one of the first prog i downloaded was this one as it had proved useful in removing that pesky album art in music which windows media player deemed necessary to download even though i told it not to.

anyway ive noticed in tranferring all my music over after the clean install that album art is showing up in thumbnails if you chose to view music in thumbnail view or ity comes up if you play it in wmp, however i had removed all album art from every single one of the 3000 odd tracks i have but a few still remain in thumbnails. so i dragged one of the files affected by this issue into mp3tag and saw that no album art for the file existed and therfore couldnt remove it even though i know its there.

any ideas as to whats causing this issue? it worked fine in win xp.

Could you check if the folder
C:\Users$user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player\Grafikcache
(replace $user with your user name)
contains the thumbnails. You may delete the whole folder grafikcache without any remorse. WMP rebuilds it with uptodate data.

Also remove all folder.jpg and albumartsmall.jpg - it may be that you have adapt the settings in Explorer which files it should show so that you see hidden files. Then start a search for the folder.jpg and albumart.jpg and delete them all.

hi,

i did a search for the 2 files and got rid of what seemed to be all of them. but the foklder you told me to navigate to doesnt exist ive got art "cache", "sync playlists", "transcoded files cache" in the media player folder.

cheers

that's the problem with localized windows versions - sigh
Anyway: have a look at the cache-like folder and see whether it holds jpgs that resemble your albumart.
If that is the case, delete the folder.
And if that helped, could you give a short feedback so that others with similar problems might find the right hint?
Thx

deleted the "art cache" folder because that contained album art from the sample music you get with windows 7 (which i also deleted) and i assumed thats where any of the other album art may be stored etc and it all now appears to be gone.

cheers