Album art not updating on phone

Hey everyone, so last time I used mp3tag it worked pretty well and currently the hi res album art is showing up on my phone. However, earlier I used a low res alternate art for an album and then I found a hi res cover with the original art. On my PC it's showing up perfectly fine, however when I transfer it to my phone the album art still shows up as the original low res alternate art. Anyone have any fixes? I tried showing the OS files and no dice. My current method is ripping the CD to WMP, then editing the tag info in MP3Tag and adding the album art

Edit: added some images

I would say that MP3tag also worked well this time.
To me it looks as though your phone has problems.
So what about renaming the files just a little bit (add an _ at the end or something like that) and then transfer them to the phone. This should force the phone to update.
And then you can rename the files back to the original name and update the phone again.
If the phone does not update the images then you have to check from where your phone gets the images.

No luck, not sure where exactly it gets the album art since I cleared the old tag for the album art and added a new one

I added some new images, here's a link

Does that mean that you transferred a file with new tag data to the phone so that it was a new file?
Or did you just update the tag, transferred it to the phone where it replaced an existing file?
It would be very interesting to see what your phone makes of new files? Does it show the tag data as can be found in the tags? Or does it do some kind of voodoo and replaces it with something it e.g. draws from the internet?

Does that mean that you transferred a file with new tag data to the phone so that it was a new file?
Or did you just update the tag, transferred it to the phone where it replaced an existing file?
It would be very interesting to see what your phone makes of new files? Does it show the tag data as can be found in the tags? Or does it do some kind of voodoo and replaces it with something it e.g. draws from the internet?

Basically I would delete the file from the phone, update the album art tag in the source file on my PC, save it, then bring it over to my phone with the new album art. However it would still show up with the alternate art.

Now here's the interesting thing, I just updated the tag for the artist and it didn't work. Then I changed the album artist by removing the comma from "Tyler, The Creator" and presto: https://i.imgur.com/vpxw9wx.png

Not sure why changing the album artist specifically forces the change though

You have to trigger the update mechanism of a (suspected) player database.
The safest way is to transfer a new file and not overwrite an old one.

So instead of copy and replace, keep both files then delete the one with old tags?

Yes, that would be a test.
If that fails, because the phone still shows something else, then it would be time to investigate if there are files in the file system that lead to old display or whether data is fetched from the internet (and that might be blocked) - such things.

Sounds good, I'll test that when I get home from work tonight thanks for all your help so far!!