Album-Interpret - How to edit / automatically set?

Good Day,

Many new programs make use of the Album-Interpret Tag from the IDv2 Tag. Meaning an Album can have a single Interpret (Red Hot Chilli Peppers) or many as in Compilations (e.g. Cafè del Mar).

The problem now with WMP11 and MediaMonkey is that those programs show me one Album per Interpet, meaning:

"Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californication" includes ALL songs from that CD.
"Cafe del Mar 09 (Air)" includes only Air - Liquid Liduify from that CD
"Cafe del Mar 09 (Moby)" includes only Moby - Why does my heart from that CD.

When I manually add a "Various Artists" to the Album-Interpret field - voilá:

"Cafe del Mar 09 (Various Artists)" includes all songs now.

MP3Tag does not alter the Album-Interpret Tag at all. It would be nice to change that field to either the Album-Interpret (as all Songs have the same INterpret) or a "Various Artists".

Maybe that is possible already via scripting, i'd be happy to have the album artist in the left pane to just choose from the list there... my 2 cents.

Hope you guys can help me!

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

it should be possible to edit this tag field using the extended tag dialog via View, Tags... or [Alt+T].

Best regards,
~ Florian

Yeap I know, but it would be nice to have some sort of script to do the following:

All Files in one Folder set BAND > ARTIST

• this is for Albums such as Red Hot Chilli Peppers

All Filles in one Folder set BAND > Various Artists

• this is for Albums uch as Café del Mar

and it would be nice if MP3Tag does this automatically, or at least has an option for that because of the reasons above.
Windows Media Player treats Files w/o BAND Tag as different Albums, so does Media Monkey.

Dennis

Can't you create actions for that? Of course, MP3Tag won't be able to know if you have a compilation or not, but you can create an action which copies the content of one tag field to another.