Art cover stopped showing

I've been using MP3Tag to add art covers to my music library, all good until today.

I noticed some songs had the artwork missing, I checked with MP3Tag and the jpg file its there but is not showing on file explorer.

I tried everything, sfc scannow, checking this:

Screenshot_1

Using a .bat file to clear and reset thumbnail cache (which made things worse because before I was only missing some artworks, now I'm missing all of them except for the ones in .flac files, those are displaying correctly)

Uninstalled Winamp and updated MP3Tag to the latest version but that didn't work either.

I'm not sure what else to do, I spent so much time updating these artworks and now they're just not showing up in the explorer.

Edit:
I did a little web research and found this thread about Winamp settings:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=375250

Perhaps you check that setting.

Hi I found a solution that fixed the issue immediately: MediaPreviewSetup-1.4.3.429.sfx.exe

For the record:
The MediaPreview tool - powered by ffmpeg - was last updated on April 13, 2014.
Version 1.4.3.429 was made for Windows XP/Vista/7/8. It's not clear if it fully supports Windows 10 too. There are comments in the first link talking about Win10-Explorer freezes.

I spoke too soon, some art covers still not showing up, the MediaPreview tool fixed like 80% of the files, 20% still without art cover even when it shows in the MP3Tag software.

My initial idea was: which program is the default program to play mp3 and which one for flac?
I ask because the flac files show ok

What happens if you assign WMP (again) as default player for this file type?

I'm using Winamp for flac and mp3, I did what you suggested.

Set WMP as default for mp3 and flac but its the same.

Wait, seems like setting WMP as default for mp3 files fixed the other 20% of art covers that were missing

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.