Artist sort in iTunes

Hello,
I have a lot of mp3 tracks which I use with iTunes/iPod. I don't like the way Itunes default sorting works for artists. It seems to sort by first name and then last name - ie just as the artist name appears, although it does seem to correctly ignore "The" - so The Beach Boys get correctly sorted under B and not T, but The Alan Parsons Project gets sorted under A, when it should be P, same with Alice Cooper (A instead of C).

I can see there is a Artist Sort field in Itunes, but I do not want to populate this tag manually. How can I use MP3Tag to read the artist name tag and enter it in this new sorting tag field?

So I need to read Alice Cooper and make it Cooper, Alice which I guess is fairly straightforward, but what about The Alan Parsons Project, which I need to make Parsons Project, Alan (dropping The) or Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band which needs to be Seger & The Silver Bullet Band, Bob.

Thanks

I would also like to know the answer to this. I thought BANDSORTORDER was the field to use, but that doesn't work.

By the way, I like your band choices! I love Alice Cooper and Alan Parsons!

Scott

Have you tried ARTISTSORTORDER?

That worked great! Thanks!!!