ASF files and one feature request

Hi!

1. I have a bunch of asf files, which are actually wma files. If I rename asf file to wma, mp3tag can easily edit tags in the file. WOuld it be possible to add support for asf extensions in the program? (I just don't want to rename all my files to wma for number of reasons)? And I've tried to add asf extension in Tools-Options-tags list, but it does not help at all.

2. In some other tag editor program I saw a feature when I can quickly re-number Track tag in the list of files. It would be nice to be able to sort files first via drag&drop and then replace track filed with incrementing number in one step.

And, thank you for making such great program available!

Dmitry

Hello!

You can already do so. Simply hold the ALT key while sorting the files via drag & drop. Then use the Autonumbering Wizard to edit the track numbers.

Regards,
Sebastian

Hi!

Thanks for a quick reply... Yes, it does work... Thanks! I tried to look it up in help, but couldn't find any explanation on how auto-numbering supposed to work nor the drag & drop sort.

Now back to asf files... :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

I'll add support for asf files to the next release.

Best regards,
~ Florian

The current Development Build now supports asf files. Simply add the *.asf extension to the list at Options, Tags.

Best regards,
~ Florian

Hi!

Thanks for a quick fix, but... it looks like there is a problem still...
I can see all the files with tag info on the right, but once I click on any line there, it dissapears right away.

Thanks,
Dmitry

Hi Dmitry,

I'll fix it to the next development build.

Best regards and a happy new year!
~ Florian

Thanks a lot!

And Happy New Year to you too!!!!

Dmitry

It's hopefully fixed now :slight_smile:

Hi!

It works MUCH better now!

Thank you VERY much!

Dmitry