ASF/WMA files and codepage

Hi!

I was using mp3tag with great success to edit asf/wma files tags up until I upgraded to the latest version (2.33f).

I tried editing tags in Russian, and now only Artist and Album shows correctly. Other fields are displayed in wrong codepage.

I guess, this is all started after Unicode support was implemented - I was using 2.28c before and it was fine.

I also tried to use "Taglist-file - Tag" conversion and got the same problem plus it writes tag and complains that it can not open file for writing for each file.
If I click yes and refresh view once it is done, I see files tagged correctly... (except codepage problem, of cause).

Any way it can be fixed? I had to roll back to older version...

Thanks,
Dmitry

Hello Dmitry!

Can you please try this unofficial version and see if this solves your problems?

Best regards,
~ Florian

Hi!

Florian, thank you very much for your fast reply!

This version fixes codepage problem.

As for "Can not open file for writing" problem - this happens only first time mp3tag tries to write tag to each particular file. That may be something with those files and is not a really big problem...

Thanks,
Dmitry

Great! Thanks for your reply.

I plan to release a new official version very soon which will include that fix (along with cover art support for WMA files :wink:)

Best regards,
~ Florian

Wow! That would be perfect!

BTW... I wanted to ask you how you read/write tags in WMA - are you using your own code or call some MS API?

Thanks,
Dmitry

I've hacked a C++ class around the Windows Media Format SDK which I'm delay-loading at runtime (if available).

Best regards,
~ Florian

Hi!

Ok, that's what I thought... And if this SDK's API is not available, you can't read/write tags.

Thanks again for this information, good to know.

Dmitry